970 and Xstation Mentioned on Apple Ukraine?

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 6, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

This article on Apple.com.ua (Ukraine) mentions the 970, the Xstation... and also MacRumors.com.

Some of the non-US Apple sites appear less "official" than others, this particular site is linked from at least one location in Apple's site. An old (?test) http://www.apple.com/jp/home/index.html page links the Ukraine site from the pop-up list on the bottom.

Update:

The article appears to simply reference this article on MacRumors from November -- in which the 970 and Xstation are mentioned.

Amusing, nonetheless...

2. macrumors 6502

macdong

I still don't think Apple is going to do XStation.
    Apple has much to do in other areas, and I don't see much market for XStation.

3. macrumors 68000

Freg3000

Translation anyone?

4. macrumors regular

can anybody translate this?

5. macrumors member

How about a translation of this? For all I know it could have the worlds funniest joke in there as well. (Monty Python reference alert)

6. macrumors member

Machine Translation

Here is a raw Machine Translation using Systran (www.systransoft.com):

== Executive Summary ==

I should note now that this is actually a RECURSIVE reference - They are referencing Macrumors re: Legal stuff and about supposedly leaked info

-- Dan =)

7. macrumors regular

translation?

anybody wanna tackle this translation? :) i see G5 and IBM POWERPC 970, and that's about it

8. macrumors member

Very interesting

If this is an authentic Apple site, there is an interesting slip up in there, more than once...(look real close)......

????, ? ??? ?? ????????? ? ????????? ???????????, ????????? ??????? ???????? ?????????? PowerMac G5 ??????????? ??? ????? ????. ?? ??-?? ??????????, ????????? ? ???????? Motorola (????????????? ????? PowerPC) ??? ???????? ?? 0.13-??? ??????????, ???????? ?????? ??????????? ????????? G5 ??? ????? ????????????. ? ????? Motorola ? ????? ??????? ??????????? G5, ? Apple ?? ?????????? ?????? ???????, ??? ????????? ?????? ??? ????????? ???????? ? ????? ? ??????????? ?? ?????? ?????? ???????????? ????????????????. ???? ????????????? ????? ?????????? IBM. ? ??? ? ?????? ???????? 64-?????? ????????? IBM PowerPC 970 (??????????????????? ?????? Power 4) - ?? ???-?? ? ????? ????????? ????????? ????????? ??c???. ????? ??????????, ???? ??? ?????? ???, ??? ?????????????, ???????? ? 3-? ???????? ????????, 2003-?? ????.

The specific mention of 2003, IBM PowerPC 970 and G5 are all very interesting.

If you skim through, the rest of the details, software, other Apple products are correct....also notice, when monitors are mentioned...no 30"

Can anyone validate the authenticity of this site, in relation to Apple ?

If so, the answer appears to be there. Maybe our French friends are on the money ;-)

Tim

9. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

10. macrumors member

Don't bother to babel fish it.. the translation is next to unreadable. so.... anyone read russian?

11. macrumors 68000

Freg3000

This seems to be an actual Apple site:
    http://www.apple.com.ua/
    The same set up, and the top tabs are basically the same.
    What a weird way for the PPC 970 rumors to be confirmed...the Apple.com site in Ukraine slips up.....:)

12. macrumors member

Attempted translation - I know russian... +/- 97% accurate

The biggest in the world of notebooks, the flattest monitors, the most convenient operating systems and the fastest browsers. All from the company Apple.

In the last half-year the American company Apple noticibly activated their [????????????] and brought forward to the market some hardware and software innovations.

Traditionally, every announcement was accompanied by the words 'revolutionary', 'biggest', 'fastest', and 'most convenient'. And what's interesting, almost all of these announcements were not far from the truth.

Mac for teachers and students
    To begin, lets say, from "steel". In mid-2002 the eMac G4 was announced. At first it was only available to teachers and students.... blah blah... alright I am going to jump straight to the good stuff.... bear with me...

--- IMPORTANT STUFF , well, not really ---

They say that people have been talking about the G5 since the start of the year, but they are nowhere to be seen.

Someone had submitted a story to macosrumors about the G5 annoymously and they doubt his/her information. (Apparently, these guys writing this actually have no clue about what is going on at Apple).

Next, they talk about some interview where it turns out that motorola will not make G5s and instead IBM will.

They say that there should be a new xStation line of computers soon - they will be used for cinematography (i guess)..... anyway, they say professional movie making.

------

In conclusion, this article has no information worth of any value other than the mention of an xStation, a line of computers designed for professional film/movie editing.

13. macrumors regular

heads are gonna roll...

who finds this stuff - hats off to 'em

now to translate the page

14. macrumors member

could an x station be running the apple music store?

15. macrumors 65816

voyagerd

There's a little app called Sherlock that can do the translating for you

16. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I don't think anything exciting is actually in the article... I think they are just referencing the rumors.

arn

17. macrumors newbie

Heres my translation:

"Speaking of updating current desktop models, as its impossible not to mention such a topic, or the next generation of processors for Apple Systems - the PowerPC G5. People have been talking about these since the beginning of last year, and working models should already be on sale [according to rumors]. But you still can't find them in stores. All that exists are rumors.

An anonymous interview which has appeared at the end of November on macrumors.com shed some light on the subject. Even though this material has an anonymous author, the interview indirectly gives us the idea that the author has somethind to do with Apple Computer. The anonymity of the author is most likely due to the fact that, in accordance with the rules of corporate behavior, enforced by Apple, the author, who revealed product details before official announcement, fears losing his job and, possibly even judicial trial.

Anyways, what is discussed in the interview?..."

Anyways the person goes on to basically paraphrase the interview from macrumors.com, and I'm too lazy to translate further.

This doesn't seem like an official apple press release or anything, but rather a paraphrasing of rumors from here. :p

18. macrumors member

Damn you, lazy translation monkey! Do we not feed you enough bananas? We spent all that time teaching you russian with bananas and electrical shocks and now you don't think the one russian language based rumor in the history of mac rumor mongering is important enough for you to translate?
    See Arn? I told you the russian mac rumor translation monkey project was a bad investment and you should have spent the money on a backup server instead. But you didn't listen, did you?

procrastimonkey

19. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

you should be happy your web site got on an apple page, well okay, it in another language but still.

They paraphrased you, etc...

20. macrumors 6502a

etoiles

so what, now MR posts the news and apple posts the rumors ? :D

21. macrumors 6502

macdong

It is weird.
    Why would an official Apple site (it is official, isn't it??) post a page that redirects to a rumor?
    One would think they should have at least some ideas about what Apple is doing... :confused:

22. macrumors newbie

Well that article is entitled something among the lines of "whats happening in the mac community", and they say some of us are discussing rumors, etc, which we are. Its not really an official apple press release or anything, just like a "fun to read" article.

23. macrumors regular

hey, at least this time, they won't blame Canada...

Marc K

24. macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

What?! We can't blame Canada?!? I thought that we could always blame Canada!!!

:p :D ;)

25. macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    i wanna know how the bloomin' heck you found this! :D

nice one guv'