Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Matter of preference I guess -- looks good as-is to me.

I like and have clear cases on my iPhone and iPad so as to show the back as they are gold and silver respectively. I don;t feel there is a need for this on the Siri remote as it's not used out and about on the go. I feel any case for it should blend in.

Eric8199

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2009
God, people really are complaining about the remote? Had mine for a week, use it daily, and have not had a single issue. One end is glossy, the other side is matte. The matte side is the trackpad. How can you not feel the difference???

Carmenia83

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2012
I feel like an idiot admitting it, but I point the wrong end at the tv all the time lol. It's so damn symmetrical! Even the lightning port and the IR blaster look the same. For me, its weird that the touch surface is matte and the regular part is glossy. After being so accustomed to using iPhones and iPads, it seems backwards. I do like the new remote, it'll just take some time to get used to after using the old one for like 5 years.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
How can you not feel the difference???

since you have to drag a finger across it to figure out which way it goes, good thing it's not touch sensitive.... Oh wait

even if they extended the bottom a bit, so the buttons weren't exactly in the middle.
or made the bottom part silver instead of black, so you could see it better in the dark.

I've started feeling for the volume button.

it seems like apple tested this in a well lit cube farm

Reactions: turbineseaplane

Eric8199

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2009
since you have to drag a finger across it to figure out which way it goes, good thing it's not touch sensitive.... Oh wait

even if they extended the bottom a bit, so the buttons weren't exactly in the middle.
or made the bottom part silver instead of black, so you could see it better in the dark.

I've started feeling for the volume button.

it seems like apple tested this in a well lit cube farm
You can only feel texture if you drag your finger across it? I can just touch it and tell, which is what I do.

I think one time I've accidentally triggered the scrubbing and that was because the remote slid off the arm of my chair and I was trying to catch it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.