A $99 iMac

Discussion in 'Community' started by Applespider, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
  2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

That 499 iMac thread is dauntingly huge. I dare not venture near it for fear of being crushed out of existence. :D

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

*humor warning*

I can't believe Apple would put a G6 in a $99 iMac before they would put it in the powerbook. The iMac is supposed to be a consumer machine and the Powerbook is supposed to be a professional machine. This is just another nail in the coffin of Apple's image in the corporate world. I for one was just about to spend $5000 on a top of the line powerbook, but now that we see that this is how Steve Jobs wants to treat the prosumer, I'm taking my wallet over to Sony, who actually care about people like me.

*runs around faster and faster as whining reaches a feverish pitch and eventually goes careening off a cliff, the sound of complaining about Apple, the G4 processor, and the distinction between consumer and professional computers fading into the distance as his body plummets towards certain doom*

4. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Well I can tell that you are going to be dissapointed when I inform you that my iPod FCPe (Final Cut Pro Edition) has a 3.7ghz G7 and a 400gb hard drive. ;)

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

*sigh* What a sad direction to go in. Why wouldn't Apple take my suggestion of making the flash iPod be a G-Unit spinner medalion? The worlds of ice and iPod need to come together. :D

6. mactropy macrumors member

mactropy

Wow, that article is a nice summary of the crazyness of the Mac-head world. Just consider how many threads we have here on "When does the G5 PowerBook come out?" or "Where's the new iPod Video?". :D

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

ROFL!! :D :D

Of course, I love how it STILL doesn't have gigabit ethernet :D

8. mactropy macrumors member

mactropy

Well, after all: there has to be some feature that would people draw to the G5 PowerMac. Hehehe. :p