A ballpark figure... what is the UK salary of a (Beyond?) Genius type?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sesshi, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Not the typical corporate support geek, but someone who can be a little more patient with the user in general - and have Mac geek joy, yet understand Windows networking and MS Server apps as well as XServe. Full knowledge and experience is expected on employment, there'll be no training courses to get up to speed.

How much would be normally dangled in front of a prospective employee based on those requirements? Would Mac support positions pay more or less?

I'm just doing some preliminary costings and need a ballpark figure.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Really you're nothing more than a multi platform IT person who has a love for a certain OS. I doubt you'd get more in the field than anyone else just because you have "mac geek joy" but check out salary.com and see. I don't know if it covers the UK though.

3. Queso macrumors G4

If it's just Mac desktops and Windows servers, I'd say around £30k for a permie. If you chuck in some decent UNIX and/or networking & firewall knowledge in there, add £15-20k to the figure. Those are London salaries, so it will be less for the Thames Valley, other cities etc.

4. Sesshi thread starter macrumors G3

Sesshi