Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iCarabma

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2012
iPad seems to be behind on the iOS 7 curve from the beginning. My own experiences with the Betas has been that it is far buggier on the iPad.

So my wild guess. What if when they launch the iPhone in September they only release iOS 7 for the iPhone. Announce it's coming to iPad later this fall.

We all assume their will be an iPad event in October, so by waiting to launch iOS for iPad until then they can buy themselves an extra 4 weeks of beta. And presumably move a significant amount of team from iPhone to iPad.

I doubt Apple would do this, but then i pick up my iPad and think they have a long way to go.

betabeta

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
Yeah, I think they even mentioned they would put most effort into the iphone first and follow up with finishing the ipad.

I think they really wanted to get the iPad 5 out earlier, try to get more sales away from the mini, and then mini at a later event, but being behind on ios7 for the ipad will leave them announcing both together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.