Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
What is beyond monstrous? The current form of IE is quit capable. I would say safari (which was also terrible for a while up until the last year or so) go toe to toe. The difference is that IE was never good, up until recently.

Nah - I was meaning IE6 is of course monstrous now ;) The latest IE is decent, IMO.

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
I was excited about reading this article, until I realized it was another Don Melton story with zero content in it.

SUMMARY: I SAT IN AN EMPTY AUDITORIUM 4 TIMES WATCHING STEVE JOBS, WITHOUT ANY SPECIFIC COMMENT ON WHAT HAPPENED, AND I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHAT WENT ON OR WHAT OTHER PRODUCTS WERE THERE.

I'm not joking when I say -- are you even sure it's Don Melton making these comments, or are you being trolled? Literally anyone could have written these 3 stories, there are absolutely no details in any of them

I've read MacRumors for years now and these are probably the lamest stories I have ever seen run

Some people can actually deduce information with what is said in these anecdotes, and obviously there are those who can not. *shrug*

I guess it helps I work in a corporate/structured software development environment and am not an indie one-man-shop. The "insider's perspective" resonates with me just fine.

And btw I was sitting in the audience when Steve announced Mac OS X for the first time a few years before Safari was announced. I have no clue who else went on stage or what other products may have been announced that morning, either. Because, Mac OS X.

Although I do remember standing in line for food or something with a few guys from VersionTracker.com - remember that website?

tootalltech

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
Wow

Thanks for the share but what a bore! I usually find these things to be interesting.. not so much this time!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.