A big thank you

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bousozoku, Oct 11, 2006.

1. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    I'd just like to say thank you to so many people. I hope that things go well for everyone.

Over the last year, my pain killers have been less effective and I've noticed that it's shown up in my posts. Of course, some people don't understand my humour, even though it's not attributed to meds. It seems to take a lot of concentration not to lash out sometimes and I knew that I was losing that control while I was still a moderator, hence the requested downgrade. In fact, it takes a lot of concentration to do anything these days. The whole thing with the situation is that it's so complicated and I won't be medicated so much as to appear incoherent, no matter the cost. (Fine, say that I've been incoherent at times anyway. ;) )

I hope that you know that I care about the people of MacRumors and what affects you all. When you think you're all alone and no one cares and no one believes in you--you're wrong--I care and I believe in you.

Be your best and transcend the petty differences that often define us as humans. May you all be one with your future.

Thanks to those of you who have cared in the past, as well as those of you who currently care.
  2. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

Oct 24, 2002
    The West Loop
  3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Are you ranting again, bousozoku?

OK, just teasing as usual. This place wouldn't be the same without you, even if you don't feel the same way every day. If our moods were the same every time we woke up, perhaps we'd be much less interesting to everyone else.

In any case, count me among the "currently care" group.
  4. macartistkel macrumors 6502a

Aug 7, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Everyone gets frustrated sometimes! Hope you start feeling better as time goes on (I have experienced plenty of moods swings from a person I know who took pain meds just to cope everyday, SO I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND.)

Also I WOKE UP in the worst mood this morning myself---feeling annoyed while posting on message boards is not a good mix for me. I start getting defensive and rude and write too many cuss words. :(

Gosh, the apologies are just showing up everywhere on here lately! :) :)

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    Ibuprofen is a sissy-girl's painkiller.

I hope you can still braid your hair Bous... :D Seriously, I have half a pack of codeine here, c'mon over and we'll get medicated up.

Nah, it's all good mate, I understand exactly what the meds can do what with my bones being eaten away and all. It sucks big time when the pain just won't leave and your head starts playing tricks on you.
  6. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

Mar 7, 2006
    Well it is nice to hear. I'm here for u too buddy.
  7. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
  8. Lau Guest

bousozoku, I've said before that I enjoy reading your posts and think you're a damn good chap generally. I hope you manage to feel a bit better soon, and that you'll continue to post on MR if you can, because I at least, understand your humour ;) and enjoy your posts, and I'm at the other end of an email or a PM if you ever fancy a chat. :)
  9. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    You can't go b, you're one of the few people in America that know about how crap old French (and British, and Italian and... :p) cars are. ;)

Though why do I feel like I'm missing out on something more serious??? :-( All the best fella.
  10. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Thanks. I appreciate that you're there. I haven't been on iChat for about a week because I stopped making sense and I seemed to be irritated at the smallest things.

It doesn't look as though I apologised for my lack of judgment. I'm sure I've concerned people with some of my posts over the past year but, as I've always said, if I was going to attack someone, you'd know it--everyone would know it. I any case, I'm sorry that I've hurt or concerned people, even if just in passing, because it was never my intention.

My hope is that I won't last much longer but I don't want to give up. It's probably a good idea to give up being online, though.
  11. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    It's often easier to be online than either alone or with others when you're in pain.

Please stick around.
  12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
  13. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    So coy. Charming me now. I won't be fooled by your feminine wiles. :p
  14. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    hey, b... :: big Hugs ::

you know we all care about you. best of wishes for you always no matter what.
  15. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Good luck mate. You were a fair moderator and you're a very well liked member here (rdowns has a crush on you, it's so obvious). Even if you need time off, just know that you're always welcome back here. Coolness. :)
  16. spicyapple macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    I've read through this thread twice and don't see where in your post people are coming to the conclusion that you're leaving. I don't want to seem insensitive, but your location by-line (death bound) and use of painkillers, I have to ask, Are you dying?
  17. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia

It's not in the first post though. :)
  18. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

May 30, 2002
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    A True Spirit

After moderating for so long, you've created a thread to THANK US?!!:eek:

That shows you've got TRUE spirit. Hope that you can pull through. I'm not sure what is wrong or went into your path to make you ill; but I'm getting a bad vibe by your avatar signature. You're amongst friends, heck even family - although I dont YET own a make .... its the saying of my life but now a passionate dedication!

I'd like to thank you all for wishing US well, and inspiring us to TRANSCEND amongst our daily squabbles!
  19. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    It isn't like we are asking him to move into odd/kinky and painful positions when we are all having cyber sex with him. :p

Edit: Oops, sorry wrong forum. :eek:
  20. zap2 macrumors 604

Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
    I have to say, I had not clicked on this thread yet because I thought it was thanking the people who run the site..and its not...needless to say I'm shocked

Do pop in and say "hi" sometime!

And you were a very good Mod...never seemed unfair to me...infact I was reading some old threads, and someone said something I would have flipped out on them for, and you were very calm about it, and told them what you thought very well.

I'll never forget your post in a thread about Suicide..you talked about how Suicide is looked at in Japan among other things..it was a very interesting thread.

Good luck where ever your end up :)
  21. sushi Moderator emeritus

Jul 19, 2002
    Your input has been greatly appreciated both as moderator and as one of the Demi's.

Drop in when you can -- we enjoy hearing from you! :D
  22. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    I also thought you were a quite fair mod and I didn't notice any extra crabbiness in the last year or so.

Rock on, b. :)
  23. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Yes. I've been past my expiration date a couple of times now. In the past year or so, I tried to play it off as simply depression but that was only a part of it. When I requested my downgrade from being a moderator, I couldn't even tell them.

I've been trying to finish this post for the past give minutes and my mind continues to drift so I'll stop here. I'll probably not be able to stop visiting until I stop everything but it's really difficult to concentrate with this loud noise in my head all the time. Certainly, it's tough to enjoy an iPod.
  24. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    Stay strong B...mighty helpful you are in the forum...keep rocking, keep the rum pouring.

25. angelneo macrumors 68000

Jun 13, 2004
    :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Even though I seldom post here, has been lurking all these while, I can't express how sad I am.