Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BenHoleton

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2006
So early this year, I bought my wife a slightly used Powerbook off eBay. 1.67 gHz, 100 gb hd, 512 mb RAM, Applecare. $1200. Fast forward to December. The computer stopped latching properly. Take it to my friendly neighborhood Apple Store. They say they're going to ship it in and it will be back to me within 7-10 business days. It's now been 1 month, and no laptop. I call in and after an hour on the phone, I talk to a nice supervisor who tells me I can wait until that part comes in January 31, as it's been back ordered. Or if I'd like, she'll send me out a brand-spankin-new 17" Mac Book Pro. 2.16 gHz Core 2 duo, 2 gb RAM, AppleCare, 160 gb hd. I tell her that that will be sufficiant. So as I type this on my year-old iBook, I am a bit jealous of my wife.

McGarvels

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2006
Irvine, CA
Just give her the iBook and take the MBP for yourself...come on, I'm sure you deserve it more than her. lol. That, or beg. I find that works sometimes as well.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
sounds like you did very well for yourself... or for her. don't be jealous. use this as an opportunity to buy something for yourself :cool:

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
UPS lost my labtop once. Toshiba sent me a refurbished replacement after they told me I would get a New one. So we flipped ****, I ended up getting a new upgraded model. My dad had no clue where to send the refurbished one and since they took over a month to get this all straightened out he said let them call for it, hes not going to ask where to send it. If they want it so badly, then can do some work for it. 1 month later my old labtop shows up at my door, unrepaired. In the end my dad figured out what was wrong with that labtop and we ended up keeping all 3. This was several years ago.

BenHoleton

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2006
Was the Powerbook G4 a 17" or did Apple just offer the best possible model to compensate?

She has 17" powerbook. And I can't take her mbp, as she's legally blind and needs the screen real estate (also how I managed to get such a hot wife;) )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.