A bit of Address Book Advice...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hob, May 18, 2005.

1. hob macrumors 68020

hob

This may seem obvious to most of you, but I'm sure someone will appreciate this one day...

I loaded up my Address book in OS X 10.4.1 - and it was blank. Totally empty! This is unusual, because normally there's at least an entry for yourself and Apple Computer for your particular country...

I tried syncing but nothing was working.

So, I quit Address Book and searched "Address" and spotlight came back with about 9 folders called "address book" on my hard disk (bear in mind I've got OS 9 support running) I trashed every folder that was relevant (I actually trashed them all because I don't use OS 9 address book) emptied the trash to be totally sure I was rid of them and then re-loaded Address Book. Voila, there were two entries: Rob McDougall and Apple Computer UK.

I could then Sync up successfully.

Well done me!

(Just thought i'd share)

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Well figured out.

I wonder why mine's defaulted to Apple.com and Cupertino as opposed to Apple UK.

Must say that one of my favourite entries is the one in the Mac 101 pages. Clarus the Dogcow still has a home at Cupertino... (hidden tho it might be)

3. hob thread starter macrumors 68020

hob

Well I guess you DO learn something new every day - Why did noone ever tell me of these glorious 101 pages before?! Now I can get my mum interested! Hurrah!