a bit old, but... marco pantani dead...

Discussion in 'Community' started by jxyama, Feb 17, 2004.

1. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

2. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

Goes to show that too much sport is bad for you...

Or at least the stuff they take (be it legal or illegal) to perform better isn't good for you. About a week ago, an international football player (that's soccer, you know :D ) from Hungary (or was it Roumania?) collapsed and died on the pitch in Portugal... Nasty stuff :eek:

3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

they haven't ruled out suicide... i don't think it's fair to tarnish the man's image by suggesting it was doping that killed him... yes, he got a positive indicator on one test thats showed he might have been using performance enhancing drugs, not 100% proof. marco had been in a state of depression for years since the embarassing incidint, brought on by shame and embarassment for having to leave the tour of italy...

it's a shame to lose anyone from the sport, esp one so fun to watch with such real talent...

rip... :(

4. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

I was not implying he doped himself (although I believe he did). What I'm saying is that high level sportmen take a lot of products legaly, and that these may not be good for you. A football player from Cameroun also died of an "un-natural" death on a French football pitch last year. :(

There are quite a few stories of sportsmen dying young. These people are supposed to be in optimum health condition... There is an Italian judge who's is looking into the abnormally high cancer rate of ex-football players from some Italian football clubs. Though this neither prooves or implies anything, it gets you thinking...

5. Opteron macrumors 6502

Sorry to see the horny chap go.

Was always great to watch him in Le Tour