"A Boy, a Pig, and a Mac" Episode #2 is out!

Discussion in 'Community' started by LimeiBook86, Dec 16, 2002.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Well I made another episode of my "A Boy, a Pig, and a Mac" series. I sort of made this as a last minute thing since I was staying up late and should have been in bed. Well I hope you enjoy it, sorry guys no easter eggs this time but I will have some in the next episode, ideas are always welcome just e-mail me. Enjoy!

To view the movie visit the homepage: http://homepage.mac.com/ibook238/BPMhome.html and then just click on Episode #2

-Steve

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

hmm, its ok, still needs to have some interactivity. And the background is a little plain - you should have put a poster or something up on the wall.

Look forward to seeing more.

D

3. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

yeha I know this one is just soret of "filler" so I can work on Episode 3. I was working on my iBook's Trackpad, talk to you later....

4. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

wow, i am starting to like the pig

can't wait for #3

see if you can set something up with arn and have the comic be on the main page every time you come up with a new one

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

you mispelled kazaa. better then the 1st one though.

6. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

you are so mean!! :eek:
    anyway, i like the first one a lot
    maybe if u could update those comics..like those misspelled words or unequal fonts in first comparing second comic.. maybe even edit them a bit
    anyways keep up good work :D

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

ask someone like a parent or someone else who is around you to edit just a bit before these things go up. i mean, it's only a few sentences, may as well get the spelling right first.

one thing that stood out was the mac face on the ibook... quite cool. not sure what about it, just looks cool.

i don't quite get the second one... but anyhoo.

cool stuff. always good to do creative things with your mac, especially to learn software and stuff.

8. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Keep working on it. The skills you learn, you may someday use if you can manage to stay out of jail. :D

9. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Wow Thanks :-D

Wow thanks, well spelling has always been my downfall but I will fix them don't worry. Since I do the comics only using my iBook's TrackPad its pretty wierd but I have gotten used to drawing with the TrackPad. I still don't have an idea for the thrid comic yet but it will come to me. Well I am so glad that you like the comics so far. I will make the website better because of right now it is just text and links and cheap little graphics, I am working on a cool Flash Webpage but I need to know how to make a copied image (from photoshop) appear in Flash MX with the same transparent things as in Photoshop. Help is always great. I will return soon!

10. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

Re: Wow Thanks :-D

the bad spelling and the "not to level of art of monet" is what makes your cartoon charming

look at beavis and butthead...the art was sub-par and that was one of the great aspects of the cartoon

keep everything the same, just come up with stuff all the time and e-mail arn on this series...it would be the perfect mascot for macrumors.com

keep up the good work!

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Wow Thanks :-D

You could always export the photoshop layers as separate images and then apply a alpha setting on them in Flash to get transparency.

You sould also do something about the Power4,G5 and Steve's keynote at MWSF. There is so much out there that you could choose to do - just take a look at some of the threads at MacRumors if you need ideas.

Great job!

D

12. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Hmmm, but I don't consider ethernet to be a weakness ........and some people use kazaa to give their macs some more power in the software dept.....but hey your keeping busy so that's cool. keep it up.

13. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

don't think of it as insulting... Think of it as helpful criticism :D:D:D.

14. firewire2001, Dec 17, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014

firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

dis be kinda off....

but one kickass online cartoon is wearerobots.. check out da one angrybot and kegomatic.. those episodes really give you a good taste..

and that cartoon is pretty cool.. keep on flashin you can really get good at that stuff if you work with it a lot..

peace out..

-f