Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mooshoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
I have noticed that sometimes when I'm on the desktop and dragging items to folders the screen jumps back to the desktop after I've selected files. This happens mostly when I select multipl files. As soon as I'm ready to drop it into the folder, it jumps back to the desktop again. So the only way it works is if I select one item at a time to drag. Has anyone seen this at all?

My system:
PBG4 1 gz, 15"
1 gig Ram
most current vers. of osx

dragula53

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
happens

mooshoo said:
I have noticed that sometimes when I'm on the desktop and dragging items to folders the screen jumps back to the desktop after I've selected files. This happens mostly when I select multipl files. As soon as I'm ready to drop it into the folder, it jumps back to the desktop again. So the only way it works is if I select one item at a time to drag. Has anyone seen this at all?

My system:
PBG4 1 gz, 15"
1 gig Ram
most current vers. of osx

it happens to me sometimes too, but I'm not sure it's a bug, mostly if I am floundering finding a place to put something, eventually it decides that the copy wasn't meant to be.

if you know exactly where to put it and select each folder within a second or two, it works fine.

So I think it is a kind of time limit before it realizes that whatever you were doing was an accident

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.