A burger 911 call!

Discussion in 'Community' started by wdlove, Mar 26, 2005.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

2. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Haha I liked that one. That show has some other good ones to. I went down the list and listened to the other ones.

Anyone remember the "Funeral Call"?

3. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I cannot believe the officer who answered the call managed to keep from laughing her a** off...

5. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

6. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

What world does this woman live in - like that is a police type of issue. They should arrest her for harrasing law enforcement...hmmm if that would happen then the lawyers would be arrested for frivilous lawsuits too...;)

7. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Was this a 311 call or a 911 call?

She should just take the money back and then call national. National would give her a fistful of coupons.

I guess in a way since they took her money they do owe her the burger since that completed the contract. The thing is even if she were to file a lawsuit the best she could probably get back is the $3 for the burger. I doubt she could even get what ever the fee is for filing in small claims court.

If BK were wise when faced with such a suit would just default since it would take at least an hour of court time for a lawyer (guessing about $150) Hell it would cost them more than the $3 just to have a lawyer read the summons and say piss-off. I guess for a surreal factor they could courier a burger to her cheaper than paying for the lawyer...

8. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    The thing is that she does have a bit of a point. She just doesn't realize she is using a hammer to swat a fly. It wouldn't be a frivolous lawsuit and in theory she was reporting a petty theft.

I guess if she continued to block the driveway BK might be able to get the police to remove her for defiant trespass but she has the right to be there until the transaction is completed.

9. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia

The 911 operator happened to be a K&B listener, and she called in. According to her, it was a real call.

10. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

isn't the minimum for a lawsuit $20.00,, if thats the case she has no case. you like that huh. :D

11. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Plus, there is no law requiring service. They can sell to whomever then want, it's a free country.