A buying tip!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Falleron, May 12, 2005.

1. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

Hi everyone. I ordered my new 2.7Ghz with all the extras ages ago. Similar to lots of people it has been delayed. A little tip for everyone. I emailed them asking to cancel the order (decided to get a bog standard one as it would be quicker to deliver). Next thing I know is that it has shipped.

2. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

I still dont understand how I track my apple product on the TNT site?? I have all the info on the Apple status page. I am trying to find exactly when the delivery will be. I want to know which day it will get to me.

Any ideas??

3. engelhart macrumors member

In my experience (17" powerbook, 12" powerbook, Tiger) of purchases, it takes a couple of days after the item has shipped to getting to TNT and being trackable. I have generally found that they update my Apple status page with a new tracking number that then works with TNT.

Basically, I think Apple's idea of shipped is in the warehouse ready to go and not, on the back of a truck on the way to your door.

Simon

4. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Call and say you want to cancel your order before it ships out and they will often times offer you a price cut. Beware, sometimes they actually do cancel your order.

5. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

:eek: Really?

:D

6. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

The Apple site gives no indication on what day I will get my computer. It shipped on the 11th. Its the 14th tomorrow. Wish the TNT site gave me an idea. I need to organise to make sure that somebody is here to pick it up.