My father is considering switching the computer he uses now and purchase a dual core g5 2.0Ghz He is a musician and he now has a dual 1.42 GHz G4 with lots of ram, and a PCI ATI card that enables him to use 2 screens. He is thinking of selling this G4 to a friend of his that needs it, and to purchase a dual core G5 2.0 GHz. My question is. Is this the right time to purchase a dual core IBM? Or should he wait to see if problems will occur with dual cores first? I would like to hear what people's opinions are about his, and I would like to see what other users in Macrumors have dual-core cpu's and are happy with them.