A case that covers all buttons, ports, dock? Or shield that protects Home Button?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ipoddingalong, Jun 24, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 24, 2010

I just got an iPad, and I've been searching online for hours for a case like this.

I need:

-Covers all ports and buttons, including the dock (has "flip tops" for them)
    -Covers the Home button.

If possible, but not necessary:

-A handle on the back for your hand or ability to stand up the iPad.

I like the Sumajin here, but there's no Home Button protection:

http://www.sumajin.com/products/ipad...ne case.html

Also love the Switch Easy Reptile, but again no Home Button protection:

Or is there a shield for the front that covers the Home button (in which case either the Sumajin or Reptile would be okay). I think the BestSkinEver shield has a little Home button protector. Are there other screen shields like it?

Thanks for your help! :)
  2. macrumors regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Why in God's name do you want a home button protection???
    just use scotch tape on top of the home button!

i am picking up my switcheasy reptile tonight! I think it provides ample cover (i would not say protection) and a good grip!
  3. macrumors 68040

Jan 11, 2007
    North Central Florida
  4. macrumors regular

Apr 24, 2010
    The iskin duo looks gr8 in black and Diablo red!!!

but really does the home button protection preserve the original feel ? or does it become clikety-clack?
  5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 24, 2010
    Thanks. I love the Otterbox. It is almost perfect...except for that hole in the back of it. Plus, I don't know when they're releasing it. Same with the IvySkin. Love it, but it's not out yet, and I heard their CS blows.

I'm close to settling for the iSkin with a PowerSupport shield.

Does anyone know if there's a thin silicone type case (Belkin Grip Vue, Nude) that's all-encompassing -- covers or plugs up the ports, dock, and buttons? I'd like the option of putting the whole thing into a folio-type case (like the Griffin), but I don't think the iSkin would fit, so if there's a thinner option, that'd be wonderful. Thank you!
  6. macrumors 6502

Feb 8, 2010
    Somewhere Sunny, California
    The grip vue is made out of TPU. If that's what you're looking for, I suggest you search eBay. I got a TPU case for a fraction of the Grip Vue. Same look, same material, smaller price.
  7. macrumors 68040

Jan 11, 2007
    North Central Florida