a cheap sexy looking data stick

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Macmadant, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

somthing for about 20.00 pounds thats good looking and best value for money:confused:

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I'm very happy with my 128 MB TwinMOS X4, with costs £9 (Now £7.50). The 256 MB model is £14 (Now £11), the 512 £22 (Now unavailable?) and a full GB £41 (Now: £29). :)

A great advantage is that it has no cap that can fall off and dissapear... :)

[​IMG]

And it doesn't look too bad... ;)

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Just a little update: I've now had the above mentioned pen drive for a couple of months and the inevitable happened: I forgot it in my pants and ended up in the washing machine. Went a complete standard 40°C washing program with extra rinsing. Didn't expect too much, but let it dry off and today I tested it. Worked like a charm... :)

That little pen drive is one tough little <insert appropriate expression here>. :D

4. theheyes macrumors regular

5. Cheese macrumors 6502

Cheese

In the refrigerated section at your grocer
    I ain't from no England, but 30 quid doesn't seem too bad for a 512 stick, especially with a classy look like that. I use my iPod for a portable mini drive when needed, and I have never left it in my pocket for the laundry.

6. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I have a small 1gb thumb drive that is has big as the usb connection that it has on its end. Its really good, been using it for over 6 months now.

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I love my 1 GB Sandisk Cruzer Mini. It's all metal and comes with protective cases.

8. trogdor! macrumors regular

Haha, not sure what you would consider "sexy", but Ive liked the cruzer micro line of drives.

9. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Also some good suggestions in this thread.

I like your handle, trogdor!.

10. emaja macrumors 68000

I like the Sandisk Cruzer Titanium. The Lexar JumpDrive Lightning looks pretty nice also, but it only comes in a 1GB and 2GB size which would put it outside of your price range at almost 40 quid.

11. generik macrumors 601

generik

I was thinking about the titanium too, but reading all those negative reviews on Amazon really got me all concerned. It seems like this drive has some issues with it dying prematurely.

12. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I was lucky to find a 512MB SanDisk Cruzer Micro for US$30 just before Christmas. I think the conversion and likely price drop since then should put it in your range. It's also tiny, only as think as a USB plug, and only slightly wider.

13. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

The sexiest one you could use is an iPod shuffle. I use mine for all my files, and it's great to see people who didn't know it could be used that way react.

14. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Yup and they are only $49 on the Apple Refurb site right now...I'm not sure if that seems epensive to you but it seems like a steal to me!

15. kwajo.com macrumors 6502a

kwajo.com

I use my shuffle too, I mean it's relatively small, comes with a neck strap, also plays music and is pretty tough. Use as a flash drive was half the reason I bought it

16. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Agreed. When I decided to buy a USB Flashdrive I didn't hesistate to get the shuffle. Slightly more expensive than a normal flashdrive, but it suits the Mac 100% and you can use any excess space for music when you don't have your iPod with you.