Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
somthing for about 20.00 pounds thats good looking and best value for money:confused:

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I'm very happy with my 128 MB TwinMOS X4, with costs £9 (Now £7.50). The 256 MB model is £14 (Now £11), the 512 £22 (Now unavailable?) and a full GB £41 (Now: £29). :)

A great advantage is that it has no cap that can fall off and dissapear... :)

I371191.jpg

And it doesn't look too bad... ;)

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Just a little update: I've now had the above mentioned pen drive for a couple of months and the inevitable happened: I forgot it in my pants and ended up in the washing machine. Went a complete standard 40°C washing program with extra rinsing. Didn't expect too much, but let it dry off and today I tested it. Worked like a charm... :)

That little pen drive is one tough little <insert appropriate expression here>. :D

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
I have a small 1gb thumb drive that is has big as the usb connection that it has on its end. Its really good, been using it for over 6 months now.

trogdor!

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2006
Haha, not sure what you would consider "sexy", but Ive liked the cruzer micro line of drives.

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
emaja said:
I like the Sandisk Cruzer Titanium. The Lexar JumpDrive Lightning looks pretty nice also, but it only comes in a 1GB and 2GB size which would put it outside of your price range at almost 40 quid.

I was thinking about the titanium too, but reading all those negative reviews on Amazon really got me all concerned. It seems like this drive has some issues with it dying prematurely.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
I was lucky to find a 512MB SanDisk Cruzer Micro for US$30 just before Christmas. I think the conversion and likely price drop since then should put it in your range. It's also tiny, only as think as a USB plug, and only slightly wider.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
The sexiest one you could use is an iPod shuffle. I use mine for all my files, and it's great to see people who didn't know it could be used that way react.

ddrueckhammer

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2004
America's Wang
livingfortoday said:
The sexiest one you could use is an iPod shuffle. I use mine for all my files, and it's great to see people who didn't know it could be used that way react.

Yup and they are only $49 on the Apple Refurb site right now...I'm not sure if that seems epensive to you but it seems like a steal to me!

kwajo.com

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Bay of Fundy
livingfortoday said:

I use my shuffle too, I mean it's relatively small, comes with a neck strap, also plays music and is pretty tough. Use as a flash drive was half the reason I bought it

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
kwajo.com said:
I use my shuffle too, I mean it's relatively small, comes with a neck strap, also plays music and is pretty tough. Use as a flash drive was half the reason I bought it

Agreed. When I decided to buy a USB Flashdrive I didn't hesistate to get the shuffle. Slightly more expensive than a normal flashdrive, but it suits the Mac 100% and you can use any excess space for music when you don't have your iPod with you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.