A complete OS-X application list out there?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Chacala_Nayarit, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Chacala_Nayarit macrumors 6502

Chacala_Nayarit

I am sick of PC users saying there is no software for the Mac. So, if someone could point me to a long bloated listed...thanks. :D

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

It's pointless, there are probably more versions of solitaire for the PC than there are apps for the Mac.

But, how many games of solitaire can you really play at once.

3. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

I just did a quick search in the guide listed ealier. It says it has 23,000 applications in it. And I bet that it doesn't include a lot of the freware and shareware apps on versiontracker.com.

4. Chacala_Nayarit thread starter macrumors 6502

Chacala_Nayarit

Yeah, I find when I ask what exactly is missing from the Mac, it's usually games. Although the few hundreds of games offered is enough to please me.:D

5. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

There's something called quality over quantity. Something microsoft (and many windows users) knows nothing about. The funny thing is a huge percentage of windows users NEVER purchase software. I know people who would never spend even 5 bucks on a windows app (nevermind paying for the OS). What does that tell you about the general quality of software written on windows? They work, and that's about it.

6. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

i think everyone knows about versiontracker (they suck) and macupdate.com but another neat list is from hyperjeff (the original osx app list) some of its graphs are interesting:
    Hyper Jeff

Attached Files: