A couple of questions?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jipper, May 5, 2002.

1. jipper macrumors newbie

G'day folks,
    Just a couple of questions... feel free to reply. I'm just asking out of pure interest.
    1. What was your first mac?
    2. What's the oldest computer you still have in your possession?

My first mac was an SE, second was an LC II, and now a blueberry iBook.
    I have a LC 580 in my possession, running Mac OS 7.5. How fun!

Should be interesting!!!
    Tim.

2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Me?

My first mac was an Apple IIgs, and it is the oldest mac I have at the moment.
    I have a pretty big collection of macs, starting with the IIgs, to the IIsi, to the Mac Classics, a few 6116CDs, a few 7100s n' 7200s, a powerbook g3 (older than wallstreet), few original iMacs, few rev. models, couple G4s, and a Powerbook G3 500 Pismo.

3. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

The first Mac I owned was a Mac II. This ties with the oldest mac I have owned, a Mac SE (still have that one) both are the same age (1987), but the SE sure seemed older. The oldest computer I still have is a Sinclair ZX80. 1K RAM, 2K ROM. Oldest semi-useful computer I still have is a Compaq Portable II. 286, 2meg RAM, 10meg HDD. I also have an IBM XT-286, which was apparently not a big seller. It has a 286 processor (which is 16-bit) but has only 8-bit ISA expansion. It was after the XT, but before the AT (which sported 16-bit ISA expansion)

4. vitruvius macrumors regular

first a Apple II

First i had an Apple II, then an Apple IIc after that an Macintosh 128 , a Mac IIci , a Performa 575, a G3 266 minitower, an special edition 400 Graphite Imac, an Snow 500 Imac, a 500 TiBook and finally a 667 Tibook that is the one that i use currently ( the 266 minitower is the old mac that i use) :cool:

5. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

Cool another aussie mac lover
    My first mac was an imac summer 2000
    and my oldest computer I have is my imac

and welcome to the boards:D

6. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

Ummm. My first mac was my dual 533...but I used to use the old Apple IIe labe back in elementary school. Then was the powermac lab in HS, then the G4 lab in college. I got my mac a year ago.

I'm spoiled by the speed, but it wasn't cheap.

-Pete

7. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

My first mac was an SE, 20 meg HD, 4MB ram, floppy drive. it was a blast. :p

got an LCII after that, it's pretty horrible, but slap a zip drive on it and it's workable. Then an iMac. i have a mac plus and a IIgs in storage, both operate...

:)
    pnw

8. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

hi there jipper!
    well, i don't have a Mac yet, but soon i should be getting one of the new 800MHz TiBooks.:D :D
    the oldest computer i have a PC. it's an old 486.

i just noticed that there are quite a few Aussies here. good for us.

9. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

My first Mac was a power computer clone (powercenter pro 210). I then got a G4 500MHz (agp graphics). I have also had a series of Powerbooks, starting with the Lombard, then the Pismo, then the rev. a TiBook and now the rev c TiBook. Each one has been the fastest processor at the time, so that I would be able to get more use out of it. I have sold each of the previous systems in order to get the next newer one. With that being the case, I have only one Mac, the rev. c TiBook. :D

10. macstudent macrumors 6502

macstudent

My first and only mac is a powerbook g3 233. I plan on buying whatever tower comes out this summer at macworld.

11. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

First Mac I used: //e
    Fist Mac I owned: WallStreet 233
    Oldest Mac I own: Mac Plus

12. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

13. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

My first Mac (also my very first computer) was a Macintosh Classic II. After that, I got a Macintosh LC-475 now running OS 8.1. The LC is at home collecting dust but it'll be a while before I get rid of it. I currently own a G3 PowerBook and will hopefully purchase a TiBook this summer.

14. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

My first Mac was a Mac SE but I was loaned that over the summer for email. My first owned mac is a Performa 6300 CD. I still have it and it works. My current computer is an iMac Snow 700mhz.

15. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Oldest Apple Computer - Apple I
    First Mac - Mac 512 with Mac Plus Upgrade ( Bought by my Father)
    First Mac I bought for myself - Mac SE

I still have them all, along with 37 others.

Ensign

16. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

My first mac: IIGS
    then Performa 6230CD
    Currently: 6500/275
    G5 comin in July....hopefully. I do know that an upgrade is coming this summer, I need to get away from this 603e for a while....

17. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I was quite late in joining the Mac community.
    My first mac was a PowerMac G4 400Mhz, 512Mb, 20Gb, DVD, 0S 9.
    I don't tend to keep hold of old kit, so the oldest machine I have at the moment is a PIII600Mhz, 448Mb RAM, 60Gb that I use as my file server running Win2K Server.

18. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

My first mac wasn't a mac, but a Power Computing Power Tower Pro, I bought it in 95 or 96 and I still have it, so that would be answers to both questions.