A crack on my Macbook!?!? :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by davidg4781, Dec 14, 2006.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

davidg4781

I think this has been here since I bought it, I'm not quite sure. It's a little crack looking thing right on the edge of the keyboard part where it meets the front of the case, directly below the >/end key. I picked at it a bit, and it looks like you can take the 2 pieces off. This bites. I doubt it's covered by the warranty I bought at CompUSA and I didn't get the AppleCare thing (should I? is it too late? I'll post that in a seperate thread). I bought it, ohh, September 16. Here's a link to a <a href="http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c196/davidg4781/DSCF0006.jpg">picture</a> I took of it.

I don't know why I didn't think of messing with this earlier. Is it too late? I'd even be willing to spend a bit for a replacement keyboard part. It just irks me, especially since I haven't abused it in anyway.

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

You have up to a year out to buy AppleCare, I have found that it is really worth many times, esp. with portables....:)

3. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

davidg4781

Well, I bought the extended care from CompUSA because they said AppleCare wouldn't cover broken LCDs. This being my first portable, I wasn't sure how it would hold up. I try to take care of my stuff, and went almost a year without dropping my Treo 650. Of course, a few days earlier, I dropped it, and was paranoid.

I wonder if I can have both, just in case. It was a pretty big investment, and I've been really satisfied with it. Well, except for this, and the small HD and RAM, but, the latter 2 are fixable.

4. WillMak macrumors 6502a

Best Buy and Compusa warranties are awesome if you abuse them correctly

5. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Nicely put :D

6. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

davidg4781

Well, I'm going to be in the same town I bought it in tomorrow. I'll swing it by the CompUSA and ask them about it. Who knows, maybe I'll get an early Christmas present, although, I won't hold my breath.