a crash...and now i can't boot up...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by jvaska, Apr 28, 2003.

1. jvaska macrumors 6502

i had a crash (running OSX on g4/400 AGP)...which i'm sure is related to some kind of glitch from a driver and/or connection to DSL...i haven't really had problems until after this driver was set up...

but now...i can't boot back into osx 10.2...it does the first screen with the grey apple and after the little thing churns it goes to a blank grey screen...

and NOW...i have another problem (one i've had before, but i can't remember how i fixed it)...

i went into OS9 and changed the startup in preferences from OS9 to OSX...but now, it doesn't seem to read any board functions...meaning, that i can't use "c" or "option-S" or stuff like that...i'm kind of screwed as i want to run an "fsck" on the OSX drive, but i can't get it to even boot there now...crap...(all the data is there, it's still good)...

is open GL the problem since it really seems related to my dsl connection...should i upgrad to 10.2.5? is it that important?

any ideas? unfortunately, i don't have my install disks with me as they are travelling via mail to my new home (europe) and it will be a little while before they get here...

thanks much for any ideas...jv

2. jvaska thread starter macrumors 6502

and yes...i reset pram...

i'm afraid to reset the PMU...but does anybody think this might work?

tried this (desperate)...didn't do anything...

jv