A cry for help...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Metatron, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Metatron macrumors 6502

Metatron

Hello everyone,

First off I have to appologize for this post. I am not even sure that it is okay to write this and will understand if Arn or one of the moderators takes this post offline. This is a cry for help, not for me, but for my church. If you will give me a chance, I will explain it all below. But I do not want to waste anybody's time. So read this only if you feel you might want to help.

My church is located in Palestine, Texas. It has been struggling since 911 but I will not blame it on terrorism, just a fall in peoples love for God. The church would have been okay, but the leadership of the church started having reagular scandles that scared the people unto leaving. We had three assistant pastors that helped our senior pastor. The first one was a high school coach. He started sleeping with one of his senior students. Nobody knew until he left his wife and told the Pastor why he resigned. Our second associate pastor was very jealous of the first and when the first resigned, he wanted his responsiblites and power. When Pastor refused him, he tried to have the Pastor removed by bringing him before the board and trying him for preaching false doctrine. The board found the associate pastor guilty of lying and attempting a que. He was forced to resign, but the damage had already been done. The third and last associate pastor went before the church and accused him of misapproprating funds or stealing money if you will. The church reviewed the finacial records and the board forced him to resign finding that the Senior Pastor has done nothing wrong but fight for the future of the church. Then one of the board members resigned along with him when it was found out that he and the third associate pastor ploted against the Senior Pastor.

Before all this the church had lost about 25% of it giving but was recovering. After this 3 months of men who wanted nothing but power, the church was cut in half and giving is down to 1/4 of what it was 3 years ago. For the past few months the church has had to do anything and everything to survive. But the few that remain are a sloid foundation to rebuild upon. They love the church and the Pastor even though they are only 33% of the original members. The church, which is in bankruptcy, has had to pay all sorts of legal fees and lawyers fees. Because of this many bill have had to go unpaid this month and which is why I am pleeding for help. The church needs $700 dollars to pay the electric bill. Normally it would be okay as a special offering could be taken this Sunday, but the power will be turned off on Friday. The electric company, TXU, refuses to wait 3 more days. Without lights, it is kind of hard to have church when you cannot see.

It may be wrong, but I am asking for anyone that can to please help. It is not a large amount, but it is hard to gather when you cannot meet with your congragation until Friday. Please, if you can donate just a few dollars to the church, do so. If enough people pitch in it will all add up.

If you wonder why I am so passionate about this, it is because the Senior Pastor is my father. I have had to watch my family suffer through some of the worst of human emotions and take the hits as they have come. Including the finacial fall of my family as well. I have set up a donations page on our web site to paypal, and the account has been validated to make sure that no one questions the account this money is going to. I know nothing about how taxes work but I think you can consider this as a tax write off.

To Arn and the macrumors staff. I hope that you are not mad at this post. My church truly and sincerly needs help. I will understand if the post is taken down and will have no hard feeling as I will continue to be apart of the wonderful macrumors family.

The web page is http://palestine.churchofnations.org/contact/donation.html.

I am thankful to all who help. I am unsure wheather or not I will check on the status of this post as I am alomst ashamed that I have had to make such a humbling request. You can email me personally with questions or comments on anything about the church at joshua@churchofnations.org.

Again, thank you all.

- Joshua

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I feel for you friend... but I'll be surprised if your post stays around...

I wish you and your church the best

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Well I'm sorry to hear that you and your family are having a tough time, whatever the reason that always sucks, but I'm afraid the time I go to church, let alone donate money to it, will be the day I die. (Why you might ask? Just your story is a good start :rolleyes: )

Good luck with it all anyway, I'm sure someone would like to help...wdlove?

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Power corrupts, everyone wants to rule the world or their congregation. I dont go because of the hipocrites and this kind of garbage. I feel for metatron but they brought this upon themself. You can have a church with no power. Its not the building or power thats important in church's anyways. Its the teaching and from what i have heard the ones running the show shouldnt be.

5. Metatron thread starter macrumors 6502

Metatron

Just the fact that you care enough to respond to the post is enough to give me hope that people will help. Thank you for your replies. And to edesignuk, I would really try to convience you to attend church occasionally. It is one of those things you don't know you are missing until you go and experience the peace and love of God. And I definatly understand how someone could be afraid to go to church, more so when they read this story, or use examples like the Cathlic Church and there problems with priest sexually assulting children.

Unfortunatly the flesh of man is invoved in the church and will always cause it problems. But the underlying good of the church still exist. When something trajic happens in people life the first thing they do is want to pray to God and beg for mercy and help. But why would God be willing to help a person who has never wanted them until only he can fix the situation. Not to say that he won't, cause God is mercy. Just that it is like a marriage, you give to each other. Anyways just think about it. And thank you for caring.

Edit: And you are right "dont hurt me" the church is about the teaching of God and his love. But occasionally no matter how much you trust someone, they will still go against you. These men where my fathers best friends, and they all betrayed him. But it is all about faith. You must have it in God, and man. It is like risking money in the stock market. You study the stock, and hope for the best when investing. But life happens and man is inherintly evil. To live for God is the most trying thing a person can do. Nobody wants to trust in anything but themselves, and ultimatly they will be over run unless they have a group of people with them to help them in life. They are our friends, our church, and our family.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Honestly, I'm trying to be nice here as I understand that you are having a hard time, and for that I am sympathetic, but really, don't get me started on what I really think about religion and the church, you wouldn't wanna hear it, and I don't think it's worth arguing about.

7. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

I'm with edesignuk 100%. But since it sounds like it means a lot to you, i'm sorry to hear you're struggling. I hate to see people stressed out and upset.

paul

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Metatron:

Sorry to hear about you and your family. Hopefully, things will improve.

I wouldn't be caught alive in another church, especially in the south. Those who want it are welcome to it, though.