A-Data Ram, PNY Ram, Patriot Ram, Kingston Ram, or Samsung Ram?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bsolomonny, Mar 14, 2007.

1. bsolomonny macrumors regular

Hi everyone,
    I am in Taiwan, where macs have not really caught on yet, and the only brands available for the 2gb of ram i need are: A-Data, Patriot, Kingston, or Samsung transcend. The only experience i have is with samsung ram, which I bought on new egg, in the states, and it turned out to be defective. The ram available here all seem to be of the value or economy line. Anyone have any suggestions of which brand to get? I posted this question a while ago and only got suggestions that i buy brands that are not available here in Taiwan.

2. shecky Guest

shecky

i had issues with Kingston RAM that caused kernel panics on my TiBook - however i do not think this is common.

3. bsolomonny thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks,
    I am really afraid of getting bad ram. I wish i could know if there was any real difference from the above value ram and the name brand stuff like crucial which is not available here. Oh i should have mentioned it earlier i have a CD Macbook.

4. shecky Guest

shecky

if i recall, i think that Trancend is supposed to be pretty good stuff. i do not know how it work in taiwan, but buy it from somewhere that will let you return it just in case.

5. bsolomonny thread starter macrumors regular

Returns are hard here. They will likely let me install it on the spot and test it though. Any suggestions on how to test it on the spot?