A Dreamweaver Page Attributes Question...

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by SamIchi, Feb 16, 2007.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I'm fairly new to web stuff and just started to use Dreamweaver. Is there a way to apply the same page attributes to all my pages without manually typing in info for each page?

2. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

You can create an 'Asset' under Library items that contain html code and drag it to the part of the webpage you want. When you edit the code in the asset it updates all the webpages that use it. I have a menu that is the same on all pages and use it for that. You can also create a template that you can use for new pages, but any changes to one will not change the others.

3. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Hmmm, I tried that out, I guess it could work... I just want to make all the pages have the same font and color, nothing else. Is there something else that I can do?

4. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

CSS style sheets. I think there is something in dreamweaver to create them.

5. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

You need to create an external style sheet. Once you do that, every page that calls the stylesheet, relatively, will possess the changes you make to the one style sheet.

I usually create all my page properties and other CSS interally (which is what page properties does). After I know it's all complete, I cut and paste it to it's own external CSS, then link it in the CSS pallet....it looks like a little infinity symbol.

Hope that helps.