A few apps

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jamescwarren, Dec 18, 2005.

1. jamescwarren macrumors 6502

Dec 10, 2005
    Isle of Man
    I would like to find a free app that lets you kind of like mix music and basic stuff like that. I would also like it to let me use a microphone at the same time as listening to the music. Like DJ's do or a bit like a karaoke machine I suppose. I have tried MegaSeg and Traktor DJ Studio but you have to pay for them. Also I would like a free alternative to Microsoft Office 2004:Mac. I have tried apps like NeoOffice and OpenOffice.org but I found them a bit confusing and didn't enjoy the only features it had. I tried ThinkFree Office 3 and was really impressed but again, that had a price tag on it. Please could you reply soon because I am going away tomorrow night and I would really like to be going with a smile upon my face. Thanks.

P.S. I wonder they call it ThinkFree Office when it isn't free?
  2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    I don't know any free alternatives to the complete Office suite, but if you want a good, free word processor, try AbiWord.

Don't know any DJ'ing apps, but have you tried searching here, here and here? ;)
  3. hob macrumors 68020

Oct 4, 2003
    London, UK
    OK, so it's not exactly for DJing, but it's free!

Audacity. I find myself using it more and more when making films. It's just like the really really oldschool sound editing programs I used to have on my Psion and that came with my first ever sound card...

Hope it helps :)