"A Few Isolated Instances"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Oct 23, 2004.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

http://nytimes.com/2004/10/24/inter...&en=65eec9e56f90971f&ei=5094&partner=homepage
    Interesting read.

2. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I still am in accord with those who have said that there are enough laws already on the books, that we don't need new laws to deal with any facet of the "WOT". I still believe the Patriot Act does more to protect Congressfolks and high bureaucrats than it does the public at large.

I don't have a problem with military courts/tribunals dealing with any who have been shooting at our troops. Even there, though, the dealings should be timely and in accord with the UCMJ. I sure don't see any need for secrecy in the process, if further legal enablements are needed.

I'd like to know which Big Wheels were on which side during the "secretive and contentious process".

'Rat

3. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Quite. But you also need to bear in mind that some of those in Guantanamo were NOT shooting at anybody. Some were picked up/kidnapped/handed over to the US or the Pakistanis or the Northern Alliance for little or no reason. This is why the detention without trial is so unjust.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Welcome to the current Patriot Act. Have you read that thing? Same type of crap. Isn't this why we kicked the British out in the first place? :p

5. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

No, that was just a storm in a teacup.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well, we are fighting for Texas tea.

(Oil, son... black gold, Texas tea)