A few problems with Boot Camp/Windows XP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JW008, Dec 6, 2006.

1. JW008 macrumors 6502

Ok, I've got XP installed, but when I got back to the Windows desktop I couldn't get the driver cd to work (the one you burn). I tried restarting, but then I couldn't get the mouse to work (I'm using a bluetooth mouse and keyboard that came with the computer so I don't even have a wired one). Any suggestions on what to do? I think I could solve the driver CD problem if I could get the mouse to work...Anyone else had this problem??

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I have to ask, did you install XP SP2? Or did you somehow install SP1a? This is a common problem as the drivers will not install automatically on anything but SP2.

With recent versions of the Boot Camp Assistant you can copy the driver installer EXE to a flash memory stick or something similar if there might be something wrong with your CD.

In a worst case scenario, you can extract the drivers manually from the EXE and install them manually.

FWIW this question is better asked in the Windows on Mac forum instead of Applications as it is really a Windows question, and Boot Camp is not strictly an application.

B