A few questions about Sharing

Discussion in 'iPod' started by asherman13, Mar 29, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

asherman13

Hey everybody, I've just got a few questions on music sharing:

1. What are the requirements to share music through iTunes, and Front Row? (I'm on a MacBook Pro, my family's music is on an iMac G4 running 10.4)

2. How can I get the "Shared Music" pane to show up in my iTunes source list?

3. Do they have to be logged in/have iTunes running in order to share music?

4. Do I have to have their Home folder on my desktop (as a server) in order to share music?

5. Anything else to share/add about sharing music? (not a pun)

2. Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Ok... I'll give it a try from memory:

1. Any Mac or PC on the same network using iTunes can share the iTunes library (or selected playlists) with eachother.

2. Turn on "Look for shared music" in iTunes preferences -> Sharing (but I think someone else has to share their music before the item shows up in the sidebar).

3. Yes and yes.

4. No.

5. iTunes: How to Share Your Music and maybe you can even pick up some tips in iTunes: How to share music between different accounts on a single computer

If you have enabled your Firewall, like you should, you need to open up for iTunes Sharing under System Preferences -> Sharing -> Firewall -> Allow

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

asherman13

It looks like #3 was my problem, in general. Thanks!