A few questions...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jaqen, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Jaqen macrumors member

1. Is there any way to get OS X to always show the full file names (on my desktop, in folders, etc)? It's really annoying having it show a few letters, an ellipse, and the last few letters.

2. Not sure how many people actually use Audio Overload, but it's the only program for Mac that I can find to play nsf/spc/psf files (anyone know of any others?). Anyways, does anyone know how to get it to play more than one track without you manually selecting one? Whichever file I select, it just plays that one over and over until I select another. Maybe this functionality isn't built into it... but there are next and previous buttons but they're grayed out for some reason.

Thanks.

2. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

1. The only thing I can suggest is reducing the font size so more characters are visible. My files names go 2 lines, that's a lot of text for a file. Not sure that answers your questions, I'm sure others will have input.

2. In my experience using Audio Overload you have to manually select the track you want to play, otherwise it just loops. Unless there was an update which I didn't know about.

3. Jaqen thread starter macrumors member

1. Hmm, nope. No matter how small I make it, partial names are still shown.

2. Bummer. Well, just realized the arrow keys will cycle through tracks but it'll still only repeat the one track over and over. Times like this I miss winamp plugins!

4. rstorm macrumors regular

I have no problems with this. I am showing 15 characters.

5. Eric Sadoyama macrumors newbie

Have you tried resizing your Finder columns? Take a look at the column separator bars -- at the bottom of the active column, there should be a symbol that looks like two vertical lines side by side. You can doubleclick that symbol, or grab and drag it, to resize the column. Make the column wider, and your full file names should be displayed. Unfortunately I don't know how to make this happen automatically as a default; sorry.