A film about Iraq you won't see anywhere else- at least for now

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Jul 11, 2006.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Ok guys- this one is important to me on a personal level. Usama Alshaibi has been a director whose films we've shown at The Chicago Underground Film Festival for several years. I know that the past few years have been hard for him being American and Iraqi. This is the story of him returning home after the war started. We are premiering this film at the festival and are damn proud to be doing so. It is not biased in any way- it just shows the war and life during it through the eyes of his family. Please watch the trailer and if you live in Chi-town, please attend. I think this film will be going to a lot more places than just Chicago. I normally don't post much about the fest, but this film is important.

Watch the trailer:

http://nicebombs.com/

2. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

I watched and don't know what to say except I'm glad I'm not an Iraqi.:confused:

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

But are you proud you're an American?

4. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Why are you supposed to take pride in where you were born? You had no say or control over that anyways. Being proud of your contributions to your country or something along those lines makes sense, but...

Well, I guess if you immigrated, then it is different. :)

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

6. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Just watch. It's educational. Always best to get it from the horse's mouth,

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I know. I don't know what to say.

8. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

it's sad how nonchalant the Iraqis are. I'm not blaming them - it's sad that they are in a position to feel that way, and it's our fault. Hopefully this film will let some people know how bad we've ****ed things up over there for everyone.

I have a feeling that for the Underground Film Festers it'll be preaching to the choir, but I have no doubt this film'll travel far and wide, and will have a positive effect. Hopefully it'll get picked up by the ironweed film club so I can watch it too. It's the exact kind of film they would purchase, so they very well might.

Very cool. Props to Alshaibi.

e

9. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I watched and it seems a good film,it may especially be educational for those who see Iraq as portrayed by the mainstream media,to see the humanity of Iraqi people as it is may be an awakening for some.Doesn't mean I don't have any criticism of it but looks good from the trailer.I'm not a USer but it does make me ashamed of the Brit militarys part in this.

10. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

40 000+ of those beautiful civillian people dead for an illegal, unnecessary, snuff-film, invasion and occupation.

It somehow doesn't balance up by my calculation. Obviously it does by some.