A footballer with some integrity. Shock.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dogbone, May 22, 2006.

1. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

I was only thinking what a decent chap was the old Henry at his decision to stay at Arsenal, then I saw this pathetic article from the great Cruyff, and I was dumbstruck by Cruyff's immense poverty of mind and spirit.

I'm reminded of Shearer's decision to stay with the club he loved rather than go for the trophies with man u. He says he has no regrets and I believe him.

I can't believe the imbecillic comments that Cruyff has made, like...

and
    What a fracking joke. Cruyff thinks Henry needs the 'regard' of some nameless idiots. I would think Henry does not need anyones approval. Henry has an opportunity to influence the next generation of arsenal youngsters, not least of which is Walcott. In a new stadium as well. What a fantastic opportunity. and Cruyff thinks he should sell his soul for a bunch of nobodies, and leave a club that idolises his every run into space.

Cruyff talks about being a "Man" but he wouldn't know the meaning of the word himself. What a complete fool.

Well done Henry, a footballer with some rare integrity. Sorry for the rant but Cruyff really angered me with his ill considered comments.

2. Queso macrumors G4

Of course Cruyff was going to take that line. Not only because of his history with FC Barcelona, but the fact he now writes football articles for one of the Catalan newspapers (La Vanguardia, I think). He's not going to bite the hand that feeds him.

Don't get riled up about it.