A Future Convert in the Works

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Eluon, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Eluon macrumors regular

I am sure there are some other threads on this, but this was my first time to experience someone exciting about a mac by simply looking at mine - this semester :D

I was sitting in our library when a classmate of mine comes up and asks if he can sit at my table to study spanish. Fine... then I notice he starts to look at my iBook G4 (specs in sig). He says, "you know, the camp I work for in the summers all use Macintosh. They are just too expensive."

I said, "well, expensive when comparing them to a low end model computer, but once u beef up the upgrades to equal a Mac, they are roughly the same price. Heck, not dealing with Windows garbarge is worth the money anyways." - You guys know, the same Mac Bible track we are told to pass out :)

He then tells me he just bought a new laptop at best buy - paid 1,700 for it after virus software, a few upgrades, etc.

His mouth dropped, legs began to twitch and eyes got sad once he realized he could have bought a powerbook for that money. I showed him around Tiger, mentioned the sudden motion sensor and the fact that mac's have a great resell value.

Tomorrow, he is taking the laptop back to bestbuy to get a refund, putting the money in his account and buying a 15inch Powerbook.

Now, that is awesome! I think we should get a cut for all the profits we generate!

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Good job Eluon! Glad to hear that you got someone to switch. :D

Yes, that would be very nice indeed. :)

3. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

SummerBreeze

That's awesome! I love hearing switch stories, and it's a great thing that he was able to get a PowerBook of his very own.

It's funny, because it seems like PowerBooks and iBooks always seem to invite questions. People always tend to ask about about Apple, and how it works, and whether it can read Windows files and all that. It's a great way to meet people!

4. panda macrumors regular

yeah

briliant.

way to go. word of mouth can sure be effective :)

5. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

6. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Thats a really cool switcher story, I felt sorry for the guy when you said how much he paid for the winblows laptop, hopefully bestbuy will give him a discount....

ShadOW

7. Euan macrumors regular