A Geat Way To Die

Discussion in 'Community' started by stoid, Feb 8, 2005.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

While I was in my last class here at NWMSU, the snow started falling, and by time I got out it was coming down pretty hard. I flicked on my iPod, (set it to shuffle). As I unlocked and got on my bike it started playing Chariots of Fire. On the way back to my apartment there is a fairly large hill. Going down this hill was spectacular! Due to the snow I could not have my eyes open but a crack every now and then, and due to the freshly fallen snow, my brakes were all but useless. So there I was flying down this hill blind and brakeless with Chariots of Fire blaring through my earbuds, and I thought to myself, "Well, this would be a great way to go!!" Fortunately, there was no traffic at the usually busy intersection at the bottom, and so I made is back perfectly fine, but it certainly was one of the more thrilling rides of my life!

edit: fixed a few typos, I'm sure there are more ;)

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

Not sure about the whole "great way to die" thing, but it did make for a great mental image - you hunched over the handlebars of your Schwinn racer :))), scarf blowing in the wind, smiling like a fool as you steam toward the intersection below.

3. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I hope you went out and bought a lottery ticket right away!

If not you should quickly, before IT wears off!

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That's an awesome story. It will be something that you can tell to your grandchildren. ;)

5. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

mmmm..... nothing like hurling down a hill on a bike listening to Chariots of Fire.

6. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

I expected this to be a follow up to the killer enema story

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well maybe not a pleasant way to die, but certainly interesting

8. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    It's an amazing image but is it wise to listen to your iPod while using the road? Do you have it low enough that you can hear emergency vehicles or other warning horns? Just concerned that you get whacked one day by a fire truck while listening to 'Light my fire' ;)

9. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

given your 'tar, I thought you had a sixth sense for blind navigation :)

10. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

he was crossing a usually crowded intersection at the bottom of a hill with closed eyes and no brakes in a snow storm with music blasting in his ears. i somehow doubt that he was concerned about anything :)

11. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

12. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

My dream in life is that I live to an old age but still have my senses with me so that when I become a burden to my family, I have the strength and mental capacity to kill myself either by jumping off a bridge or drowning myself in a river after having taken a large dose of sleeping pills. That would be the perfect way for me to die.

13. dorqiekat macrumors 6502a

very depressing. How about, you use your strength and mental capacity to go to Disney Land with your grandchildren and sing along! Yeah! That sounds fun! :)

14. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

When it's time for me to check out, I'm going to rent/steal a really big convertible car, a la the White Whale from Fear and Loathing.

I'm going to put on some aviator sunglasses, crank up Immigrant Song by Led Zepplin, streak across the desert at 100+mph, then just Thelma and Louise right over the edge of the Grand Canyon.

Hopefully, cop cars and news choppers will be chasing me to up the rock and roll element a bit.

Stoid, your way sounds awesome too.

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

All I have to ask is why?

There's too much to see and experience in life to cut it short unnecessarily....

Reminds me of the recent story of the woman who jumped/fell from the second story balcony of a hotel and died. Her last words on the way down were "Wait till you see what I do next"

D

16. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

interesting. If I was falling 2 stories I wouldn't have enough time to say a whole sentence, maybe a short high pitched scream though :p