A Generic Spy Movie

Discussion in 'Community' started by hotwire132002, Sep 28, 2004.

1. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Well, Sunday a friend and I put together a spy movie...intended to be the world's corniest/cheesiest/dumbest/you get the idea spy movie. I'm not sure it came out that way, thanks to my green screen. Check it out--it's only 3 and a half minutes!

http://coresoftcomputers.com/transfer/generic.html

By the way, this illustrates how filmmakers are going all effects, no plot ;) :D

By the way, it was edited in FCP and Motion. Music/sound fx done in Soundtrack.

2. Dandaman macrumors 6502

3. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Well I think you've succeeded with your attempt at the corniest/cheesiest/dumbest spy movie ;)

But you're mocking the genre by mocking the film that mocks the genre?!! I've gone cross eyed! :p

4. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

wow... I can't believe I just watched that instead of working on my bio report...

5. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

6. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

pa..haha...hahahahha....BUAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH

GENERIC CRAP ;-)
    but a nice bluebox there! :D

7. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Forgot to mention 3 things:

1) We filmed the entire thing in under a half hour--entirely adlibbed, we made up the "plot" as we went along.

2) You all got very lucky to see me acting ;) I do such a bad job, I never put the stuff I'm in online...until now!

3) The movie was done as an effects test for the "real" (scripted and planned) spy spoof we're working on. You got lucky to see an effects test--I usually don't release them to the public!

8. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

Wow. There's 4 minutes I won't be getting back.

9. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

I must admit, I'm a bit offended by your reactions.

I thought someone might enjoy the movie, or find it slightly humorous (dispite the fact that it was made up on the run, causing the quality to suffer). Instead, I got a "wow, what a waste of time" reaction.

Because of this, I took the movie off line. I don't think I'll be posting any more unscripted work, either. I think I'll stick to my scripted and pre-produced work when posting online, since that tends to get at least some positive feedback.

By the way, I don't want to come across too harshly, I'm not mad at anyone, I just expected slightly more positive feedback (like whoever commented that it was a good bluescreen effect) and I really don't feel like putting myself through the kind of critism I'm getting for a movie thrown together in half an hour.

Hope I'm not coming across as a jerk! (Sorry if I am!)

10. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I'd like to see it, any chance of posting/PMing me a working link?

11. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

LMAO! That was brilliant, made me chuckle. Cut him a break, it's just a larf! :D

12. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Hey hotwire, if you think about it, the whole internet is a waste of time - most of the time ;)
    Your video was of course not a waste of time... I called it crap - which is pretty fitting, but it was entertaining anyway, since many things are crappy but entertaining hehehe ;)

Anyway, the quality of the bluescreen (cant 100 % be sure since the resolution isnt the best) seems to rock! Can´t wait for a well-executed movie with it :)

13. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Thanks! Actually it was greenscreen--but the quality must have been pretty good if you couldn't see enough fringe to tell it was green!

Anyway, I was mostly offended by an earlier post which, it seems, a moderator has removed. Anyway--based on the opinions of the people who saw it here in person, (hysterical laughter), I thought maybe I'd put this one online. I usually don't mind criticism, but when that's all I get from a person, I get a bit offended. Most people just called the movie a waste of time, and didn't seem to get a laugh or even enjoy it at all, so I was a little offended.

Thanks again for the complements, and I'm working on a better spy comedy short currently. This one is taking a while, mostly because of PLANNING, so it should turn out better than any old generic spy movie ;) .
    This next one has a cameo from Dan Farkas--our local news anchor. (If you can call about half the state local). I'm pretty excited!

Anyway, thanks again for giving me a little positive reenforcement--I hope others will do the same (now that the movie is online again ) :)

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

On the flip-side, you make it sound like it is an honour for us to be watching some of your unscripted work online that I wasn't going to bother watching your movie.

Anyway, its not that bad. Its definitely not good, but if it was just a bit of goofing around, its good. I had a friend who filmed himself spinning in circles on ice in a parking lot/car park in a new Audi A4. Yeah, it was funny.....for the first 30 seconds....

15. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Well, as it turns out, it was indeed just a bit of goofing around. I tend to do these unscripted things with friends when we're bored, look at them, and say, "wow, total crap". The reason I posted this one is that the greenscreen and effects came out so well that I thought it might be decent enough to post.

Anyway, I gotta learn to stick to the scripted stuff :rolleyes: Always comes out better.