Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kenzembo1

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
Youngstown, OH
Ohio=fail

oh wait I'm from there!

I may have to make a trip there to see this one..wow

Haha same here! I'm an Ohioan but usually go Shadyside or Legacy Village in Pittsburgh because it's an hours drive compared to the 2 and 1/2 hours it takes to drive to Cbus (since I live in Youngstown, which is pretty much on the Ohio/PA boarder)...very funny nonetheless :p

allmIne

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2008
United Kingdom
Wow I have seen some rather idiotic merchandising, but that is just ridiculous.

When I was a merchandising director that person would have lost their job.

Really? They wouldn't just have asked the merchandiser to move the laptop, no?

Glad I've never worked for that company.

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
Haha. I walked into the store and saw the same thing!

What have they done to my Columbus Apple store!! :(

marcre

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
East coast
But really, facing a pole. It just makes them look stupid.

yea, to me it's not really a big deal. If that spot was left empty, it would look just as ridiculous. I'm sure they'll figure something out. It's not really the end of the world. I agree, it looks funny, but I'm not sure why some in here are getting upset about it.

afdrookie

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2008
Our :apple: Apple Store here in Columbus, OH was remodeled this week. Went in to see what changed this week and found all the software isles are gone. Instead they have these huge tables with 6 macs each on them.

The center table is forced up against a huge pillar supporting the store. An Apple genius felt the plan-o-gram was likely issued by Jobs himself, so he went ahead and setup a laptop facing the pillar.

It's hooked up, turned on, complete with price guide and ipod... all facing a giant pillar. Brilliant.

apple_store_planogram_fail_01.jpg
apple_store_planogram_fail_02.jpg
apple_store_planogram_fail_03.jpg
apple_store_planogram_fail_04.jpg

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this.

Boom

So where is the software, and the hardware that use to be along the other side of the store? At least it looks like they finally fixed the front door!! hahaha

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Apple employees know not to mess with the plano. If you've ever worked at an Apple Store, you know this. Do what it says, no matter what. I guarantee they let someone know about the issue, but they'll wait for instruction on what to do about it.
iSheep
well, not really, since they have to follow corporate's wishes.

Having worked for the retail portion of a fortune 500 company, I can tell you I would have gotten in more trouble for putting up something that ridiculous then I would have for fixing it.

Granted, there's probably things like fire codes and what not that you have to work around too, but they could have at least not kept that computer there....

marcre

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
East coast
iSheep

Having worked for the retail portion of a fortune 500 company, I can tell you I would have gotten in more trouble for putting up something that ridiculous then I would have for fixing it.

Granted, there's probably things like fire codes and what not that you have to work around too, but they could have at least not kept that computer there....

It's not hurting anything there. If it wasn't there, it would just be in back of the store. Not really a huge deal. They should remove it and put a sign there facing away from the pillar with product info on it.

Mexbearpig

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2008
Here
Uhh am I missing something? :confused:
In the photos it has an SD card slot but it looks like they are missing the speaker grills. :confused:
Is it a macbook or macbook pro?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.