A gfx o/c utility! But...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Thrash911, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Thrash911 macrumors 6502

Thrash911

Hey ppl,

Found an alleged overclocking utility for both ATi and Nvidia gfx cards. It's called "Mac Bidouille Tool Kit 1.2.3", but I cannot find it ANYwhere..? All dead links.. :mad:

Anybody know where to get it?

2. neonblue2 macrumors 6502a

Flashing ROMs? You should only ever flash your card if you have an nVidia card in your Mac. If you have an ATI card on the other hand, try Aticcelerator.

http://thomas.perrier.name/index.html

3. Thrash911 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thrash911

Nope, have an Nvidia card.. I don't want to flash anything.. Will the program I mentioned only overclock by flashing? That's a little extreme.. So, there are absolutely NO programs that lets you overclock the 7600GT card in OS X? I only found the program above..

4. neonblue2 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't trust 2 year old software with a recent card, the as update only just adding GeForce 4 compatibility.

5. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

You could try dumping the BIOS on Windows, setting the desired clocks and flash the card with the new BIOS...

6. Thrash911 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thrash911

Um.. No thank you.. :eek:

7. neonblue2 macrumors 6502a

8. Thrash911 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thrash911

Thank you. But it's an Nvidia card. And I do not have any problems in Windows. I just use Cool Bits. It flies in Windows.

On the other hand, in OS X.. It might not be that neccesary. I ran Doom 3 in OS X, and it ran beautifully in 1920x1200.. I think I will forget about overclocking the gfx card in OS X for now.. :)

9. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

It's not that hard actually but props to you for not taking the risk, even if you take all the precautions, a simple power outage can blow it all to hell (though even then not all is lost yet).

But yeah, gaming is only worthwhile in Windows XP, no point in breaking your back just to get the few games that are on OSX to run faster that already ran much faster under Windows XP in the first place...