a good 19-20"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by trainguy77, Sep 14, 2006.

1. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Nov 13, 2003
    I am looking into buying a mac pro and i will need a LCD to go with it. Apple charges more then i want to spend on a LCD. So what would you guys recommend for a decent 19-20" LCD? I don't want something too pricey but I want one thats not crap either. ;)
  2. Passante macrumors 6502a

Apr 16, 2004
    on the sofa
    I've had the Viewsonic VX2025WM for a few weeks and am very pleased with it for photo editing. Do a search in the forums on the model and you'll see some other posts. There has been a $50 rebate that comes and goes from a few stores. You should be able to get it for $300 if not less if you are in the states.

The display does not pivot or turn.

It looks nice. Even my wife said it looks better than our previous 19 inch CRT display.

Here is a review of it and a few other displays from Tom's Hardware (page 11)

3. stevep macrumors 6502a

Oct 13, 2004
    Acer do a nice 19" widescreen monitor. Don't know where you are but it's reasonably priced in the UK if you google around for it (around £150 inc vat from Amazon, Novatech or CCL)
  4. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Sep 28, 2004
    i have always liked Samsung. I bought asamsung 19" LCD 2 or 3 years ago and its still looks decent. The backlight is starting to show its age by takeing 3-5 mintues to warm up but otherwise its been great. (Samsung 191T)

5. wPod macrumors 68000

Aug 19, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Im surprised someone hasnt said it yet, but dell makes good monitors! (just not good computers, heh) I really like my 20" wide screen monitor from dell. It uses the same glass/screen as the 20" apple monitor. The only difference is the dell has better circuts with more options for inputs.

acer is good too. but cheap. which can be good or bad. i have one at work that has 5 dead pixles. not enough for a repair, but enough to be annoying! my brother has an acer and he has power supply problems. his just wont turn on sometimes, but its not consitent enough to get a repair through the warranty!