A Good Alarm Clock?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hibbity, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Hibbity macrumors member

I'm trying to find an alarm clock that will go off even if the computer is asleep. i downloaded MP3 Alarm Clock 2.2 from Version Tracker, and it won't go off in the mornings if I put my computer to sleep at night.

Who want to leave their computer running all night just for a morning alarm? This seems like an obvious thing to do something about.

So anyway, does anyone know of an alarm clock that will wake from sleep mode?

2. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

I would just buy an alarm clock...

there is one solution that i can think of off the top of my head....

Shutdown your computer (i know i know) but have it set to start up right before the alarm...

just get a alarm clock.

3. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

I use iRooster, but it's been erratic ever since 10.3.8.

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Do you have Panther?

Cause if so You can set you PB to wake up / turn on at a certain time. You can just set it to wake up 5 mins before the alarm clock goes off. In in the settings under power management.

5. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

I leave it on all the time, Folding for Team MacRumors.

6. Hibbity thread starter macrumors member

"Do you have Panther?

Cause if so You can set you PB to wake up / turn on at a certain time. You can just set it to wake up 5 mins before the alarm clock goes off. In in the settings under power management."

I have a mini with Panther, can I still do this? That would solve my problem completely.

And yes, I could go out and buy an alarm clock, but if I can set up my computer to act as one instead it makes things much simpler. :rolleyes:

7. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I think so. If you go into your system preferences, and click on the the Envergy Saver icon, itll take you to the preferences. about 1/3 of the way down, you'll see 3 buttons. Click on the second one which says "Schedule"
    You should be able to figure it out from there.