A good Backup Application

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maxvamp, Apr 21, 2003.

1. maxvamp macrumors 6502a

maxvamp

Hello all,

I am shopping for a new backup app, and I was curious what backup applications people have used with Mac OSX, and what the did or didn't like about it.

Personally I am using Dantz Retrospect Express, and I am a little anoid that there is no real upgrade path to Retrospect, without paying full price to the next step up in the product. Furthermore, I have found their customer support to really stink. Ask how I know, and I'll tell you about some of the bugs I have uncovered.

Thanx all,
    Max

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Personally I love .Mac. Its backup utility is great. You should go to apples site and read up on it.

iJon

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I think he might need more/faster storage than that. I have never found a good backup application and since i only backup my user file and other partition I do it manually. otherwise try carbon copy cloner.

4. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

Yup!! That's what I use and I love it. I back up my e-mail, address book, and iPhoto libraries regularly...and it's great.

5. Marc the Mac macrumors member

I have recently been using Intego Personal Backup X (OS X native)

Check out their web site: www.intego.com

It allows you to easily 'Backup', 'Restore', 'Sync' and 'Clone'. You can also edit the backup scripts easily. I used a standard 'Backup' but set it to copy certain folders on my mac to an external firewire drive. When it runs the schedule it only copies over files that need copying and you can set it to delete files removed from the sources - or not.

You can also create disc images too.

The Sync mode lets you keep a syncronized copy of a chosen volume.

Works for me...