A Good Bluetooth Mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by aussie_geek, May 2, 2004.

1. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

Apr 19, 2004
    Sydney Australia
    I will be getting my Powerbook in a few days and I am wondering which bluetooth mouse (other than the Apple one) is worth considering.

Any opinions welcome

2. Diatribe macrumors 601

Jan 8, 2004
    Back in the motherland
  3. patriotn11 macrumors member

Apr 7, 2004
    I got this model

I'm getting my 17" PB fed ex tomm and I'm so freakin excited, new to Mac and all.

I choose this after reading good reviews.

I want to also see what the bluetooth version of this will be in June or July

Let me know,

I got the bluetake bt500 the other day and it looks awsome, the cscroll wheel lights up blue, I can't wait to use it, it also takes 2 AA's and has a on off switch on the mouse.

4. ToddW macrumors 6502a

Feb 26, 2004
    i use a logitech mx900 and it workds extremely well
  5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    if you dont mind the one button the apple one is the best in my opinion
  6. stuuke macrumors regular

Apr 19, 2004
  7. Reuven macrumors member

Apr 9, 2004
    Sydney OZ
    Im looking to get the logitech mx900 as well but in OZ RRP is $199 pretty damn expensive just for a mouse don't you think!.

Have to shop around I,m sure I can get $50-$60 off the RRP.
  8. locopano macrumors member

Aug 26, 2003
    Logitech MX DUO for $135

Hey im from melbourne too. I would recommend getting the LOGITECH MX DUO. It looks great and has all the extra buttons for EXPOSE that you can program in. Also the keyboard has Mac buttons on it too.

I need a KB/Mouse for my powerbook so i choose these

look up www.citysoftware.com.au

They are only $135 for the pair.

The mouse included in the package is the MX700 which is $99 on its own so for $35 extra you get cordless mouse and keyboard.
  9. aswitcher macrumors 603

Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ

If you find somewhere in Oz let me know.
  10. tekno_geek911 macrumors 6502

Feb 19, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ
    I would also recommend the Bluetake BT500...Works great.
  11. joseph_68 macrumors member

Apr 8, 2004
    I Love the Belkin BT Mouse

I work in Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. all day. Tried the Wireless Apple Mouse, Microsoft BT and finally the Belkin. If you are right handed, this mouse fits like a glove and is significantly responsive. You can check it out at:

Obviously you don't need to mess with the adapter for the PB with integrated BT. You can also find this mouse on the web for about $79.
  12. sandmann41 macrumors regular

Apr 5, 2004
    Frederick, Md
    is the belkin a 2 button with a scroll wheel?
  13. abc123 macrumors 6502

Apr 26, 2004
    i was going to make a new thread but it looks like there have been many already so i'll just bump this one.

i'm looking for something similar to this: http://www.macally.com/spec/usb/input_device/btmini.html
    i've been living with only a track pad since my dad's mouse died early last year and he took mine. i never got around to replacing it or his, now that i have bluetooth in my powerbook i feel like i should get a mouse to match. so far that has been the only small, simple and silver bluetooth mouse that i've found.
    if you know of any others i'd be extremely grateful.

14. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    I have both the Microshaft version and the Apple one. I like them both. The M$ one shuts its self to save power more often. A bit of an annoyance. The apple one is really nice if you can tolerate the whole one button thing.
  15. abc123 macrumors 6502

Apr 26, 2004
    i'd like the apple one if it was smaller or silver and the microsoft mice that i've seen are, both too big and not at all the look that i'm after.
    this is my old usb mouse
    it was the perfect size about 7-8cm in length and very simple. that's the look i'm after but in a bluetooth form.
  16. JFreak macrumors 68040

Jul 11, 2003
    Tampere, Finland
    apple wireless mouse is perfect - were it smaller, it would not be as easy to use than it is now. it's not too big, have you even tried one? :)

it is a matter of opinion greatly, but having compared a silver mouse next to the apple wireless white beauty, i must say the silverish look begins to look dull, if it's not actually real metal we're talking about. silver plastic is ugly. but if they made a black one, well, i'd just have to buy another apple wireless :D :D :D
  17. Ozi macrumors regular

Apr 9, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I am also a melbournite, but the website says there will be no MX DUOs in stock until the third of June. (If you followed the link, and think it is the sixth of march: 3/6/04, then you are obviosly confused, and american. :p)

so that sucks... but I really just want a mouse for gaming, and dont need a keyboard. The Bluetake looks awesome, but I cant find any in Australia, only america. I might have to buy one on eBay and ship it out. :(