A good laugh

Discussion in 'Community' started by Wes, Jul 8, 2002.

?

Should they be sued

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I was bored and was looking through the prefs of the new msn 3.0. When I came along a url that tests the status of the msn servers. here's the url

http://messenger.microsoft.com/support/status.asp

Now if you look a little down the page, it says all servers stable and running or something of the like. To my knowledge the servers run on windows, right? So couldn't they be sued?

2. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Heh. Funny stuff, man. It's got to be against some law to make outlandish claims like that. Maybe false advertising or something.

Then again, this could be just like the now legendary "We Have A Way Out" debacle, and all the MSN servers are running Unix. Then I might be inclined to believe these wacky reports of all the servers running and being stable. Just some food for thought. :)

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

hehehe, very funny :D I think it's pretty obvious what answer your gonna get around here...YES! :D

4. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Sue them for every last penny, I say! Down with the Evil Empire! :D

5. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

enron, worldcom. microsoft... what do they have in common?

6. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

down with M$ i'dd say, but I like to see them live for a very long time while dying slowely.
    I love being the underdog.
    And everytime someone says: 'what are you using?', and I say mac. Gives me great satisfaction, because I belong to this group that is unknown to pcheese dudes.
    (it's quite the same as having as having an old car with brand new engine that goes to 100km/hrs in less than 5 seconds, than everybody is really surprised that that car can actually do more than they thought. Most pcheese guys go like: 'mac, that is that peecee that looks cool but nothing else', and then I start spamming them with owncut movies, pictures of aqua, mac news, etc.... and they go like: wauw, I did not know that you could do that actually with a computer, but that must take ages to do all that, and then i say: 'took me 5 minutes, 2 minutes to finish it, and another 3 minutes to send it through. :p
    Or even: yeah, I can do that on my pcheese as well, if I would buy a pro pack of ..., and then I go: 'That is standard on my mac, no extra charges.
    or: 'yesterday I spent 2 hours when trying to download my picts from my digital camera' that quite gives me a good laugh. I invite them to my place, hook their digi cam to my mac, and hop they are on screen in iPhoto.

I would really like to keep that feeling for a very long time.