Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddtlm

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2001
alex_ant:

That spec is actually available from Dell if you go into "tech specs" or whatever that link is. Anyway my Dell gets 2.5 to 3.0 hours if I just wirelessly screw around on the web.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
that flip pad looks cool. even if i didn't need a laptop, i'd probably still have one just to keep it on my desk. i just like the smaller footprint and the fact that you can take it if you need it.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Original poster
That flip pad is 12 pounds and 3 inches thick I think....so its not that portable, but it's still not like lugging a desktop around. The batt life they say is 4 hours...i don't know if that is for one or two batteries...the computer has room for two batteries:)

The foldable notebook was an interesting innovation IMO...you have the equivalent of a 20" screen to work with! :-D (and you have the number pad which I so enjoy using, me taking data and all)

Alas, its even more expensive than the pb, tipping the scales at over 5 grand!

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Ok...guess what. Best Buy has copied the ti-book...

VPR Matrix 200AS

Just look at the spec.
15.2" 3:2 1280 x 854 LCD
SLOT loading combo drive

sound familar?
Anyway, the differences are
2.0 GHz P-IV-M
DDR Ram
nVidia GeForce4 420 Go w/ 32MB SDRAM
USB 2.0
VGA instead of DVI
half an inch thicker on both sides
(13.9 x 10 x 1.2")
A pound heavier.
Costs $500 less

Top view:
11178359cv1A.jpg

Closed view:
11178359cv2A.jpg

So yeah...if you want to buy the PC equivalent of the powerbook, this is it folks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.