A good weather app?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by sk1wbw, Dec 24, 2012.

1. macrumors 68030

sk1wbw

So I'm still trying to find a good weather app for OS X. Is this that hard to do?

2. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

3. macrumors demi-god

Shrink

A second vote for Swackett. Don't let the cutesy stuff put you off, there's a lot of information there. Also available for iPad and iPhone.:D

4. macrumors regular

do you know the differences between the normal and X versions? it looks like a cost which i'm ok with but there must be a benefit surely? guessing the same applies for the iphone version too?

5. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

Living Earth HD. :D

6. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Not sure about the difference with the iPhone version but the Mac version makes use of Full Screen instead of a window and a few gesture controls

7. thread starter macrumors 68030

sk1wbw

I have Swackett, but I'm looking for an app that shows the temp in bar. Any good ones?

8. macrumors 68020

I've used Wx for years. It's has a temp display in the app bar as well as being a good all around accurate weather app.

9. macrumors 6502a

NewishMacGuy

I've found MenuWeather to provide the best combination of UI, information, accuracy, feature set, price, and looks for Mac OS. Weather HD runs second, mostly because its pricier with less information / fewer features, but prettier.

For iOS I would love to use MenuWeather as well, but the UI is a bit awkward, the icon is terrible, and (more importantly) the developer hasn't added badge notification yet, which is just too useful to forego. So instead I use Fahrenheit or Weather Live.

---

10. thread starter macrumors 68030

sk1wbw

I bought this one:

Weather Dock

Seems pretty nice, has great graphics and the dock icon updates based on the weather.

11. thread starter macrumors 68030

sk1wbw