Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
ricgnzlzcr said:
Goodluck, I'll be getting myself one too! I hope that they're not sending these emails to everyone so that it's not a big line of people fighting for 30 macs. Since they're asking for RSVP I guess we're first on the list and if we don't respond they'll move on to the next email

hmm, I hope so too. I hope I didn't screw myself by telling all of you about it! :p

and on a related note, I guess we'll all be meeting each other in person, eh? ;)

ricgnzlzcr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
QCassidy352 said:
hmm, I hope so too. I hope I didn't screw myself by telling all of you about it! :p

and on a related note, I guess we'll all be meeting each other in person, eh? ;)

Did you also get an email response back from them? If you did I'd be happy to meet you guys

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
You didn't screw yourself, i probably won't be able to get one, because the only person i know who could pick it up my not be able to do me this favor. Plus i feel kinda awkward asking him to pick a computer up for me :D

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
ricgnzlzcr said:
Did you also get an email response back from them? If you did I'd be happy to meet you guys

yes, the same stock response you all got. I'm hoping the demand doesn't exceed the supply... looking forward to a great deal! :)

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
Question about the G4

The G4 models they are selling are Gigabit ethernet models, right?
If i manage to get a G4 (i don't know, the competition seems to be getting pretty heavy), would it make sense to upgrade the processor? Or is a dual 450 mhz plenty fast to run most programs?
Also, if i did upgrade the processor, would it be faster than the current processor if i bought a 1.4 ghz G4? Or would it make more sense to splurge on like a 1.0 ghz dual G4?

ricgnzlzcr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
nice QCassidy. I hope we all get a chance to get the powemacs and that they only have enough for those that got the email.

Also, I do believe that as long as you've got some decent ram and a fast hard drive, Tiger will run just fine.

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
steamboat26 said:
The G4 models they are selling are Gigabit ethernet models, right?
If i manage to get a G4 (i don't know, the competition seems to be getting pretty heavy), would it make sense to upgrade the processor? Or is a dual 450 mhz plenty fast to run most programs?
Also, if i did upgrade the processor, would it be faster than the current processor if i bought a 1.4 ghz G4? Or would it make more sense to splurge on like a 1.0 ghz dual G4?

If anything up the RAM. If it where me and I had the extra cash, I'd put a bigger HD, more RAM. If I still had more money I'd put a better graphic card? If I still had money to throw away after that, I'd go for glory and get a dual 1.8 :D

stunna

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2005
I live in the DC area put that post back up
I'll resale it to who ever wants it.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Just curious if anyone got over there today. I didn't - I was at the apple store getting my macbook looked at for random shut-downs (had gotten so bad I couldn't work).

Any happy new dual G4 owners? Where there a lot of people?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.