A guy that says, "Christopher Reeve is an A$$hole" gets more hits than McDonalds.

Discussion in 'Community' started by coopdog, Oct 23, 2003.

1. coopdog macrumors 6502a

His name is Maddox. I think he is very funny. This is his site

He doesn't care about pissing off people and tells people that they should commit suicide.

Despite all this and making fun of kids artwork (which is always a good laugh) he is pretty funny. Even better he goes the the University of Utah.

If you dissagree and hate him then when I say, "I think he is very funny." I'm using sarcasm.

But check it out! I like one of his latest on the Segway and the one about the movie Singns a bit down the page.

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Yeah He acts stupid and funny at the same time......I love his hate mail

3. zach macrumors 65816

zach

heh...

Reeve is an a$$hole, and Maddox is awesome. I love his site. his hate mail is awesome..

4. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Why do you think he's cool for going to the University of Utah? Do you go there?

I do...

P-Worm

5. coopdog thread starter macrumors 6502a

No I don't go there. But I live in Salt Lake and ride up at the U during the summer.

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i remember reading his "children's drawing rating" last year when it came out, hilarious. took it to work and showed it around. never really read the rest of the site, but it's just as good :)

pnw

7. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

bah—he's a dumbass.

I really don't give a **** though. I didn't really find anything all that funny. If he is gunna act like that (which I really hope he doesnt in real life) then it is his own problem.

scem0

8. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

scem0--i think the joke's on you. of course he doesn't really act like that. it's just a bit to get people as gullible as you to get angry. he almost spells this out in his FAQ, if you actually, you know, read it.

i think my favorite article of his is was the guiltless grill. tough decision though ;)

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Well, you never know. I know some people who act like a complete and total dicks. There are people who have no concept of their callousness.

But as I said, either way I really dont give a ****. I'm just saying that he isnt accomplishing anything with his immaturity. I could care less what he does though.

scem0

10. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

on segway:

bam...third wheel

...now that's funny and i wonder if they have seen it:D

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

A little comedy and negativity seems to really sell.

12. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I thunk the site is funny as hell! I love it! Of course I don't agree with all that he says, but I still find it funny. :D

13. Macco macrumors regular

I don't really think that this guy is funny, I think people just like his website because he says stuff that most people would be afraid to say. I think he says some good stuff on his site, but some of it's just total bs that he says for a cheap laugh. I think that if I were ever to meet this guy in real life, I wouldn't be able to stand him, but his website isn't terrible.

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

No, its not that he says stuff that most people would never say. The reason his site is funny is because there's some truth even in his most ridiculous statements.

And the stuff about crappy kids art work? C'mon, its crap. All kids drawings suck. Its just that parents love it because it's their own son/daughter's work. I can understand that. But from an objective position, all that artwork sucks. ;)

And can anybody tell me if the points he makes in his Guiltless Grill article are true? When I read it a few months ago, I wasn't sure what to think. :eek:

15. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

Even about how big his balls are?

16. medea macrumors 68030

medea

seems to me like this is just a guy with too much time on his heads and nothing important to say or do with it. there are a million websites out there like this one and none of them amount to much of anything but cheap, lame, laughs.

17. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Very comical. (monotome)
    That's what my dad used to say when something WASN'T. Not one did a grin even begin to appear on my face.

18. maluscanis macrumors member

I thought some of what the guy said was VERY humorous...however, I have no respect for such a person. He obtains his comedy by belittling everyone and everything. I think he appears funny initially because there is something comical about a person who is ALWAYS negative.

But after a few minutes...come on folks...there is absolutely no question in my mind that this type of humor when taken to the level Maddox has - is base at best.

What I find so sad is that there are very few comedians who are able to keep their comedy routines clean...there is nothing like being entertained by someone who can find genuine comedy...unfortunately, I think the true comedic genius has been overcome by our increasingly immoral society.

Well, at least that is my spin on the situation. Take from it what you may.

19. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

He calls it the best webpage in the universe and i believe it. Where else can you find well thought out scarcastic humor that makes fun of things? Thats right, nowhere. Its always great fun reading the hatemail because people take it so seriously.

Which leads me to another point. People read something thats written is good spirits to make someone laugh and get pissed off about it. Then take the time and effort to write mail to say blah blah blah your so evil for making fun of people and so on. Take that attitude and do something constructive with it like plant a tree or whatever. I dunno. Maybe its just because i have to deal with people that get themselves too worked up about everything and think that because theyre inconvienced that the world is going to end every day at work. God people suck...

20. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

ROTFLMFAO!!!! :D

that's hilarious!!! :D

the first thing i read about the McDonalds ailing vomit, and then i just cracked up laughing. funny stuff. :D

i might actually write him some fan mail, like and anti-hate mail. :D

edit> ROTFL!! :D i just saw this and had to post it here. this is gold. :D

21. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I gotta admit, pretty funny. But I have to say, I've done those 26 things guys should do. And somehow women still screw me over. Either he has a point (not the beating thing, he better be kidding about that), or, as my ex put it, I have horrible taste in women.

Least I do get some, unlike this guy apparently. ;)

22. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

LOL. :D your ex said you have horrible taste in women? he he. :D well just don't bother with women who would say that sort of thing. ;)

23. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well yeah, but hindsight is 20/20. I always wind up saying "but... she seemed so nice at first". Haven't you heard the stories about my other ex that got turned on by trying to light me on fire?

That was fun. :eek:

24. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

what does it mean when people get so worked up about this type of comedy? does it mirror the persons level of being able to distinguish between reality and fantasy?

i think the site is hilarious. i love the bit on PETA, segway and the childrens artwork. man.... things that should be said but arent you know.