A Guy Wants YOU to pay for HIS mac?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by whw5, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whw5 macrumors regular

Has anyone heard this story about a guy begging for people to donate a dollar so he can buy his mac? Personally, I am conflicted about the whole thing. On one hand, I want him to have a mac, on the other hand, I want him to have to pay for it himself. I had to work for 2 years to get enough to buy my powerbook, and this guy is going to get his is about 4 months with no work except begging? That sounds wrong. So actually, I am no longer conflicted. I say regardless of the circumstances he should have to wait and pay for it like everyone else. His website his http://www.makemeswitch.blogspot.com/ if you guys want to see what its all about.

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

4. whw5 thread starter macrumors regular

OOOOO. I feel like an idiot now. Sorry everyone.

5. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

I look at this as just a shot. I have made blog entries in the past (and in fact earlier today I removed a signature that went to a blog entry about my "MacBook Pro Foundation"). They are mostly a joke, I mean who is going to send money? But also, I have heard about people being able to gain money by setting up webpages or making blog entries talking about wanting money for one purpose or another. So I say as long as they are being honest, there is nothing wrong with them asking.

My friend raised $400 by walking around school begging for money, which he used to get his video iPod. He told people that is why he was going to buy, and they gave him the money. Why? You would have to ask the people. The truth is, in some cases it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.