A (hopefully) simple HTML question

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by johnbro23, May 15, 2006.

1. johnbro23 macrumors 6502a

Hopefully this problem is an easy fix. I am building a website for a nonprofit organization, moonhelpline.org. The site isn't active yet, so I am using spymac's hosting...
    http://johnbro23.spymac.com/moonhelpline/
    If you view the site in Safari or Firefox, everything works fine (except Safari doesn't show the javascript text), but IE doesn't space the pictures right. It leaves a bar at the sides of the "corner" images. I have cellspacing=0 and cellpadding=0 in the table tag. Not sure why the images aren't going all the way to the end of the table data element.

Probably a more involved problem, but the flyout menu doesn't work on IE. Any suggestions?

Damn IE. Damn Microsoft. :mad::rolleyes: :p

2. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Just guessing but have you tried turning borders on the table?

3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Some border="0" action could just be what's needed. Yeah baby.

4. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

If it's done with lists (<ul> and <li> tags) it just won't work. :(

5. Roric macrumors regular

Not sure if this matters at all, but on Firefox and IE, I see a couple weird characters in the upper left corner. When veiwing the source on both, IE is showing a square before the <html> tag, but Firefox is showing  before the tag. Might be the host is erroneously putting that in as part of the script to put their ad on the top.

As for the white lines at your picture edges, do you have anything in your CSS file dealing with images or tables?