a list of sites that aren't good with firefox/safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by steelfist, Apr 25, 2006.

1. steelfist macrumors 6502a

i'm starting to start testing for firefox nightly, camino nightly, and safari webkit nightlies.

i ussually can't find any improvement with the sites that i normaly go to, and i think that if i know some sites that stink with safari or firefox, it would make testing and comparing a lot easier.

do you know of any sites that runs slow, unstable, or is incapatible with the browsers?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The Webkit Project (Webkit is the underlying technology in Safari) have a Compatability Hitlist which shows the 10 sites they consider most important to gain compatability with right now (as well as sites that were on the list and are not any longer).

3. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

don't know if its just my airport connection that is causing a bottleneck, but youtube/ebaumsworld and myspace seem sluggish to me

4. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I find Hotmail and Halifax (The Bank) don't always work top notch with Safari :mad: ..Have to refresh lots and lots and lots.. and lots..

5. TheFreshPrince macrumors member

As of two days ago, Safari suddenly stopped loading hotmail for me.:mad:

It worked flawlessly up until now, but now it won't get past the login stage. It keeps trying though, over and over, getting shot down every time, until I stop it and load up Firefox....which logs me in straight away, no probs. Weird.

6. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

Halifax works fine with me.. have had no probs whatsoever in safari (or firefox)

7. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

www.orange.co.uk

when you login to your account and view the PDF bill, it doesn't download the PDF file in anything buy IE.. which sucks BIGTIME..

(if any of you UK Orange users can have manage to make this work, i'd be very happy if you shared it)

8. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast