a little confused with itunes 7.01

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by phuong, Oct 22, 2006.

1. phuong macrumors 6502a

ok i used to got itunes 6 to update my nano.
    then i got a ipod 5.5. itunes 6 denied to work with it so i downloaded itunes 7.01
    to be honest i like the new interface. so much easier to work with music, video, podcast...
    ...except one thing. whenever i plug the ipod in to my computer, itunes automatically updates it with new podcasts. but then when i want to add more playlists and/or new podcast channels, itunes hesitates for a second, and then it pops a message saying "looking for ipod" or something like that. that takes for about a minute or two, and then it tells me "no ipod was found", although i left the ipod plugged in all the time.

and there's only 1 way to get around this: i got to plug it in, and try to select the playlist and podcast channels really fast before itunes says "ipod update is complete. ok to disconnect now"

am i the only one that has this problem?

my itunes settings is:

Under Summary tab:
    Checked: Only sync checked items
    Unchecked: Manually manage music and videos
    Unchecked: Enable disk use

Under Music tab:
    Checked: Sync music
    Selected: Selected playlists
    Checked: Include music videos
    Checked: Display album artwork on your iPod

Under Podcasts tab:
    Checked: Sync (all)
    Selected: Selected podcasts

2. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

Whats its doing is updating you podcasts and then disconnecting the ipod thats why when you try to send a playlist across it doesn't work. you need to select it so it doesn't disconnect, sorry I can't help with this but you need an ipod plugged in, my iPod is my gym bag in the car and its too cold outside!

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You've got it set to automatically update. All you have to do is create a playlist in iTunes and it will be automatically created on the iPod as well. With your current settings you don't need to drag playlists or podcasts across to the iPod on your own, iTunes will do it for you. Anything you do in iTunes will be reflected on the iPod.

If you tick "enable disk use" it will keep the iPod mounted and will update any changes you make in iTunes across to the iPod as soon as you make them. Then you'll have to manually eject the iPod when you're done.