A little scared

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

forgive me for this. this isn't anything to do with Mac or whatever. but right now i'm scared. I dont even know why. i'm probably cracking up but still sane enough to know whats happening.

basically I went on a big walk today over the moors with a mate. he was jumping on the ground which sent shockwaves through the ground. felt like the whole hilltop was a giant jelly. i didn't think much at the time but now its 3am and I'm trying to sleep its all come flooding back.
    I had this thought. now... im a bit scared of lava for no real reason. and I thought to myself... what is stopping the whole world melting into the magma beneath us? then I got really scared and planned how i'd spend the last minutes/hours as our world descended down. id be just too scared.

also had a dream once when I was much younger. that the curtains to the front door where closed, but that the sun was so bright (super nova) that the light shone really bright under the curtains.

Whats up with me! do i worry too much about things that are never going to happen in my lifetime?
    Also had a though about red shift which really got me scared. would the future have no stars in the sky? what about the big crunch?

i believe in a god, I think. believing in that makes me a little less scared. but right now the problem is I cant sleep. I fear if i fall asleep that i'll have a really bad nightmare. of which I've only had 1 of in my life. that sent my heart into an SVT and almost knocked me out.

god i wish my girlfriend was here right now :(

EDIT: You know I blame all this on Red Bull. I dont drink caffeine or any energy drinks so that must have really smacked me in the face.

2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Distract yourself somehow. Read a book. Play a game.

3. lordj4000 macrumors member

Holy sh*t man! Thats one hell of a red bull. Seriously, just relax, everythings ok. The world isn't going to melt and the monster under your bed isn't going to eat you.

4. Sathos macrumors regular

I've been known to worry a little excessively over nothing as well, though over different things. Don't worry about it, nothing like that is going to happen. As a poster has already said, read a book or something to take your mind off it :)

5. aquajet macrumors 68020

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, that's a bit extreme, but if you continue to have worries about such odd and unlikely things, a visit to a psychologist might be in order. It wouldn't mean you're crazy, just that you have panic attacks or unreasonable fears, as do a number of people. Talk therapy or mild medication might calm you down.

If you don't feel comfortable talking to a psychologist, try your family physician first.

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Don't tell raggedjimmi about the monster under his bed...have you no mercy, the poor guy is worried enough! ;) :) :)

Seriously, everything works out for good in the end- No need to worry my friend! :)

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

damn dude thats alot on your plate to be worrying about.....take those bricks of your shoulder.......u might be typing from the looney bin soon.

Bless

9. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

I'd ask you if you were asleep but I don't think I'd get a response. Perhaps we could make this the official relax thread though. ;)

I want you to go to your happy place. Go ahead and think about whatever makes you happy. Now you might need something a little bit happier, so I want you to imagine that you're in your happy place and you see the beautiful landscape around you. There are rolling hills and the gentle waterfall in the distance. There's a beach to your left and a mountain to your right. The lush green grass feels good against your bare feet. The soft wind smells like the wildflower field in the distance. The crashing of the ocean is a soft background to the wonder that is your happy place. The warm sun feels refreshing against your skin.

Sorry for the interruption, but the sound of the ocean makes me want to use the restroom. Be right back.
    -Chase

10. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

I think this is the key... too many stimulants before bed makes the head a little gooofy. Your fears are sophisticated but irrational. Not 'cause a flood of lava isn't scary - and possible in a bodies life time - but because you can't control apocolyptic / end of the world scenarios*. That's is their nature, you can't avoid it. This may explain why the end of times is scary, and makes great movie plots for crappy Hollywood flicks.

If you're wired on Red Bull - do something to take the edge off, like push ups, then read something funny till you sleep.

*although staying away from volcanoes is a good start

11. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Thing is i had the red bull, adrenaline and Boost (chocolate bar) at about 2pm so it was a long while ago now!

I think i'm alright now. i get this from time to time. I'm prone to SVT's, they come and go every couple of years usually caused by the mixing of excitement and caffeine. im just really excited about xmas this year, my dads setting up his own business soon and my girlfriends coming home from her university soon (no more crappy 1 days together). that and my near death experience today. almost fell down a cliff... i actually slipped and everything.

just a big pile up i reckon :D

12. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I don't know if that worked for raggedjimmi, but I feel nice and calm now! :) Thanks rendezvouscp! :) :) How I love the ocean... :)

13. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Wow, I would certainly say so. Take some time to relax, you have earned it! :)